Heuristics.Malware

I did a Malwarebytes quickscan this evening on my computer and it found something called Heuristics.Malware

I am just wondering if anyone knows what this is?

I removed it.

Attached is a screen shot of what the results looked like prior to deleting it. Malwarebytes then asked me to restart my computer, which I did right away.

Well, it looks like a bitmap image. I assume it had malicious code in it. I do have to wonder where it came from, and why it is sitting in the system's temp directory.

Do you believe that your computer may have more malware on it?

Thank you for your response!

The bitmap image is the screen shot of the results from the scan. Oh! You mean the infection looks like it was found in a bitmap image?

Did you see my antimalwarescanner . com thread? I gave a little background info on there. That's actually how I cam eto find out about malwarebytes. another forum that I go to I made a post about what happened and someone suggested malwarebytes to me.

Here is the link to the thread: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16083

I think that I might have more malware on my system, I am not sure. I run Malwarebytes, SpyBot and AVG Full Internet Security Suite. Before last night when it found the infection, the only thing any of them had found were tracking cookies, and Malwarebytes had found something called Adware.MyWebSearch, which I got rid of. So I am not sure if this thing wasn't detectable yet by Malwarebytes or if it is newly on the system.

I don't know much about HiJack this, but it looks like a great program. I was going to download it and run it tonight and post the log. What exactly is HiJack this, and will it find anything thats lingering in my system?

Also, a little off topic, but do you know if its possible to edit a post on this forum?

Sorry, when I looked at the screenshot it looked like the file in the results list had a .bmp extension. When I click to see the screenshot at full size, I see that it actually has a .tmp extension, which is a temp file that acts like an archive, and contains other files. In this case, most likely the script that caused your problems.

Since you feel you may have more malware on your computer, I recommend that you follow these instructions (skipping any steps you are unable to complete) for posting in our Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs forum. If you cannot follow any of those steps, then please create a new topic in that forum explaining what happened when you tried to run each of the tools in the instructions, and the expert who helps you will be able to suggest steps to take to get the tools working.

Thank you so much! I will do that as soon as I am able to, hopefully tonight or by Friday. You have been very helpful ;)

Computers and well mainly problems that can occur with them/get in them are so frustrating to me. I've hardly been using my computer for fear of something hiding in it that I am unaware of ever since the antimalwarescanner incident. When not in use, I turn the internet off of the computer and shut it down or put it on standby just in case.

Which logs should I post from MBAM? The most recent one or the one with the infection or both?

Thanks again ;)

Thank you! I am not on my computer right now but I will update and report back when I am.

Should I show the log to you on this thread or post in the log forum?

Also, I know I already asked but perhaps you missed it. Do you know if there is any way to edit a post after its been made?

Should I show the log to you on this thread or post in the log forum?

Post it in the log forum.

Also, I know I already asked but perhaps you missed it. Do you know if there is any way to edit a post after its been made?

Certain people were abusing the ability to edit their posts, so we had to restrict it. A user can only edit their posts once they have at least 50 posts on these forums.