antimalwarescanner . com

In late March I believe it was, or it may have been early February, I got redirected to antimalwarescanner . com when I was going to the homepage of myspace.

I quickly closed out of it (if I remember correctly, via the red "x" on the browser. I was using Internet Explorer at the time, but since then I have used nothing but Firefox.

A fake-scan thing that looked like it was on "my computer" started "Scanning" before I closed out of it. I am pretty sure it wasn't actually in the my computer area though.

At the time, I only had AVG Free on the computer.

Then I purchased the full internet security suite from AVG. A month later, the same thing happened, this time when I was using Firefox. I posted on a messageboard that I frequent and someone suggested that I download ATF cleaner from Atribune.org and Malwarebytes. I downloaded and ran both, and all Malwarebytes found was Adware.MyWebSearch, which I removed.

This incidence has not happened since, but I still wonder from time to time if there is still something on my computer.

I was doing some searches on it again tonight and found that supposedly usually when you get redirected to the site you already have a trojan on your computer :/, but its not a given that you do. The website (antimalwarescanner), I found out, is an advertising tool for the AntiVirus 2009 malware, which my computer never got, thankfully. At least not as far as I am aware.

Update: Malwarebytes found something called Heuristics.Malware a few nights ago, which I removed.

Has anyone heard of antimalwarescanner, know anything about it, or have any idea how to get rid of it? Anything else?

Thank you so much to anyone that replies!

Greetings.

To get you fixed up please follow the instructions here: I'm infected - What do I do now?

And post your logs in a new topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Please be sure not to install any software or use any removal/scanning tools exept those that you are

instructed to by the expert who will be assisting you as doing so can make their job much more difficult.

note: if for some reason you are unable to run some/any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just post here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs describing your issues and an expert will reply with further instructions.

I hope I was helpful. Good luck and safe surfing. ;)