I have a question

Dear Malwarebytes community

I would like to ask you something,

I use Malwarebytes for 3 Years now , and I love it. So I had it recently  my father (who had recently bought a laptop) recommended :)

The problem  is that my father can only buy a premium version for a year :blush:

Dieses Produkt ist ein Abonnement mit einem Preis von 22,95 € pro Jahr (This is a subscription product with a fee of €22.95 per year).

( the new laptop uses windows 8 )

My Computer uses windows 7 and  I had in three years  never have to pay extra, I was never informed and malwarbytes has also always being updated to Version 2.0.2.1012 :ph34r:

My question now is why my father can purchase a version for a year and why I have a version which no arrears demands? :blink:

Do I have to pay money for 2 years and not have it noticed ? :unsure: 

I thought it would be a life-long version

your sincerely

Nitrem

Hello and :welcome: :

I thought it would be a life-long version

Lifetime, consumer licenses for home users are no longer (routinely) available.

In March 2014, with the launch of MBAM 2.0, the licensing model for MBAM Premium (previously MBAM Pro) changed from 1-PC lifetime license to 3-PC, subscription, renewable license.

There is more information here: What does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 mean for me?

If you already had a 1-PC lifetime license for version 1.x BEFORE March 2014, it was automatically migrated to a 1-PC lifetime license for version 2.x

A new license purchased since March 2014 (in the absence of a promotional offer or other 3rd-party deal) is a 3-PC, subscription, renewable license.

You *may* be able to find a few lifetime licenses on the internet.

At this late time after v2 launch, however, I would be VERY careful about the vendor, and I would be sure to keep a detailed paper trail.

(There are many scammers on the internet who will try to sell blacklisted/pirated licenses.)

I hope this helps,

In March 2014, with the launch of MBAM 2.0, the licensing model for MBAM Premium (previously MBAM Pro) changed from 1-PC lifetime license to 3-PC, subscription, renewable license.

There is more information here: What does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 mean for me?

If you already had a 1-PC lifetime license for version 1.x BEFORE March 2014, it was automatically migrated to a 1-PC lifetime license for version 2.x

A new license purchased since March 2014 (in the absence of a promotional offer or other 3rd-party deal) is a 3-PC, subscription, renewable license.

At this late time after v2 launch, however, I would be VERY careful about the vendor, and I would be sure to keep a detailed paper trail.

(There are many scammers on the internet who will try to sell blacklisted/pirated licenses.)

I hope this helps,

I hope this helps,

Thank you daledoc1 it helped me

:D

but it is a little sad that it now costs money even if it brings benefits :unsure:

Hi:

It always cost money.

It's just that the 1-PC lifetime license is not sustainable, to support the company for research and development and staff and technology and all of that.

However, the new, consumer, subscription license can be activated on up to 3 PCs in the same household.
So, it is still a good deal and a small price to pay for excellent protection (NOTE: I am just a home user and am NOT affiliated with the company).

Thank you,

P.S. If you could use the vEsOWqp.png button, instead of the JlJ2Op6.png button, it would be easier for everyone to follow the thread. Thanks! :)