Keep getting message that database is out of date

I keep getting a pop-up screen at the bottom of my computer telling me that my database is out of date. I click on update now and nothing happens. If I open the program from the desktop icon, I get the screen showing that I have version v2014.09.20.01 and it has a little exclamation point icon to the left of that info. If I try to click on fix now nothing happens. When I shut down my computer one time, I was able to click on the fix now button, but then again within a day it was back to telling me the database was out of date. Can anyone help with this? Am I truly out of date, and if so, why can't I seem to get it updated? Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

Hello and :welcome: :

There is a known issue with "stacking" outdated-database notifications that is due to be fixed with a future release.

However, your issue sounds a bit different, as your database really is outdated.

A couple of easy things to check:
>>First, please be sure your system date/time are correct.

>>Also, please check to be sure there are no "Detected Threats" that need to be dealt with first, as this can prevent the program from updating: Click the "Scan" button at the top of the dashboard and verify that there are no detected threats (especially PUPs or PUMs) awaiting your actions.

If those suggestions don't resolve your issue:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

There are a list of items that it says are potential threats. They all seem to start with "PUP" and two are listed as folders and the rest are files. I'm not very computer savvy and so I googled based on the location names and they're all in these files that say "locallow" as part of the file name and I read a few pages that said those shouldn't be deleted, so I just didn't chose anything under apply actions. Should I go ahead and quarantine all those things and get rid of them and then maybe it'll fix this problem? I just didn't want to delete files that I might end up regretting later.

Hi:

It's impossible to say for sure without seeing the actual scan log.
In general, it is safe to quarantine PUPs -- more about PUPs here: What are the 'PUP' detections, are they threats, and should they be deleted?

And, in the future, to prevent the updating block by having detected/non-quarantined PUPs, you can change your MBAM settings to look like the attached screen shot.

Having said that, if you are not sure what to keep/ignore and what to remove/quarantine, then it would be best to get some expert help.
We can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to take to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process.

Thanks,

post-29793-0-09118300-1411319824_thumb.p