malwarebytes won't open

Hi, I can't get malwarebytes to open, and the different chameleon programs don't work either. There must be some kind of virus that is blocking the program from opening. I tried re-installing the program and that didn't work, but during the installation there were several external errors that were causing problems.(I don't remember the code) Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Hello and :welcome: , kuna

Let's start here:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

OTOH, if you suspect you might be infected, then it might be best to start off with some expert help.
We can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum.
So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help, AND the preliminary steps to take to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Well I did the uninstall/reinstall, and now the program seems to be working. Right now it's downloading a database update and I will do a scan when it's finished. If there are any further problems I will report back here. Thank you very much!