Updating issues

I'm having the same problem! A popup message pops up about every hour notifying me that my database is out of date and needs updating. When I click the green button "Update Now" it does nothing. When I open the program and on the dashboard, I have a notice stating that the database is out of date and needs updating and an "Fix Now" button. When I click the Fix Now button nothing happens, I continue getting the pop up message about every hour, How do I update the database if the links on the buttons don't work? or Is this some kind of new bug in the program? I have Malwarebytes Premium 2.0.2.1012 and the current database definitions are v.2014.07.15.04. Any help in getting this updated will be greatly appreciated!
RMERRYFIELD

Hello and :welcome: , rmerryfield:

A couple of easy things to check:
>>First, please be sure your system date/time are correct.
>>Then, please be sure that your AV and firewall both give MBAM full permissions. It's possible that your AV or firewall might be treating the new build as a new program and may be blocking it -- the files that need to be excluded can be found HERE. Please post back if you need help with that.
>>Also, please check to be sure there are no "Detected Threats" that need to be dealt with first, as this can prevent the program from updating: Click the "Scan" button at the top of the dashboard and verify that there are no detected threats (especially PUPs or PUMs) awaiting your actions.

If those suggestions don't resolve your issue:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Thanks for your assistance. I clicked the Scan button at the top of the dashboard and I did have a PUPs threat that was awaiting my attention in which I selected quarantine on the drop down menu and this solved my problem with Malwarebytes updating. It would have been nice if the program had notified me in advance that something needed my attention. Thanks again for the advise, next time I will be sure to check the Scan button first if the program will not update.

Hi, @rmerryfield

Thanks for your assistance. I clicked the Scan button at the top of the dashboard and I did have a PUPs threat that was awaiting my attention in which I selected quarantine on the drop down menu and this solved my problem with Malwarebytes updating. It would have been nice if the program had notified me in advance that something needed my attention. Thanks again for the advise, next time I will be sure to check the Scan button first if the program will not update.

We are glad to learn that your issue is resolved. :)

FWIW, yes, if the scan detected items (either malware or PUPs/PUMs), then there would have been a notification (see below).

So, it's possible that you may have dismissed or ignored the notification.

Having said that, you are not the first person to report this issue.

The developers are aware and plan to issue a "fix" in a future release.

Also: This topic was actually started by another user, @Dytum.

Your original reply was split off to a separate topic here: Updating Issues :)

So, the moderator team will probably move both your reply and this one over to that thread.

If you need further help with this issue, please continue over in that thread.

That way, your posts will be collected in one topic AND @Dytum can receive individual help here.

Thanks!

post-29793-0-76516600-1405671401_thumb.p

post-29793-0-71652300-1405671408_thumb.p