No Free Malwarebytes?

Nisa51

I was just about to start a routine scan with malwarebytes it has updated me to a 2.0 version free trial.

Am I right in assuming that Malwarebytes is no longer free and I will have to pay a subscription now? Is this subscription every year?

Hi:

The 14-day trial of MBAM 2 PREMIUM is enabled by default during the upgrade.

If you wish to revert to the Free version, you can do any of the following:

1. Wait for the trial to end in 14 days -- the program will revert to the free, on-demand scanner.
  2. Click the "End Trial" link in the popup notification.
  3. Click the "End Free Trial" link in the GUI.
  4. Cleanly reinstall, taking care to disable (remove the check mark from) the free trial option during the install wizard.

If you do wish to stay with the active, real-time protection (and other features) of MBAM Premium after the trial ends to help prevent infection, then, yes, would need to purchase a license.

The current licenses for consumers are subscription-based and must be renewed annually, but each license can be activated on up to 3 PCs at a time.

Thanks,

P.S. The mod team will likely move this topic to the MBAM support section where it belongs. No worries, though. :)

post-29793-0-64038300-1404045578_thumb.j

post-29793-0-16115800-1404045588_thumb.p