MBAM Premium (2.0.2.1012) slows down my system

Strikes me that my system is pretty slow. Regulary I click an application and have to wait and wait before anything happens. This is also the case with my browser (Firefox).

Often a lot of disc-activity, even alt-ctrl-del takes quite some waiting before it comes up, so I can select the taskmanager.

Whilst checking the taskmanager I saw a MBAM takes quite some resources. I am no expert on this and I have not tried to disable real-time protection, because if that was to be the reason, having a premium subscription would be useless.

My PC

CPU:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.8MHz
RAM:  8 GB

My WD's ( Caviar black) are running in RAID,0

FWIW pls find attached screenshots of performance monitor of the taskmanager.

(due to the heavy workload it wasn't too easy to capture them - it took about two minutes or so before the screencapture came up)

=

post-164355-0-32654500-1401106636_thumb.

=

post-164355-0-64966000-1401106639_thumb.

=

(sorry for the big screenshots)

Hi, again: :)

Each computer is unique, but it's unlikely that MBAM would slow a system with that sort of hardware.

Did you see Firefox's reply in your other thread here?
It appears from your posts there that you have MBAM installed to a non-default location (F: drive)?
MBAM works best when it is installed on the OS boot drive -- that is usually the C: drive.
If you have it installed to a different drive from the OS, then cleanly reinstalling it to the boot drive might help.

Also, setting mutual exclusions between your AV and MBAM might help -- the files that need to be excluded can be found HERE.

Please post back if you need help with that.

Finally, you might want to look at this pinned topic for other possible causes of a slow system: Slow PC? Start Here

>>>>If none of that helps, then please read the following and post back with the requested logs attached to your next reply: Diagnostic Logs.

Thank you,

I reported pretty much the same problem. I suggest trying a clean removal along with a fresh install. It didn't help me, but may work for you. Since it didn't, I posted the logs requested. I'm hoping it gives the devs a clue as to what is going wrong and the next build will correct it. In the meantime, I am considering going back to Pro, which worked beautifully for me. If you have Pro, I suppose that is an option for you as well, at least until the problem is fixed.

Hi, @Butch_N:

Thanks for your helpful suggestions.
Actually forum helpers have already been working intensively with @mbw62 in his other topics.
He has very recently already reinstalled/updated the program at least once.

Each  computer is unique.

Moreover, problems that sound "the same" most often are not.
The same is true for solutions.
They most often need to be individualized.

Sometimes, a "fix" for one computer might even "break" another.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

So, I respectfully suggest that you please stay with your own topic for your issue.

That way, both you and @mbw62 can receive individual help. :)

@mbw62:

Please post back after you have had a chance to review the advice in my earlier reply, or advice provided by staff or expert members in the interim.

Thanks to you both,

@daledoc1 sorry for the late reply. was pretty much busy with some trial software.

frankly, I am not sure about where the program has been installed. it is pretty difficult to pinpoint the problem: the browser my run fast in many cases.

In other cases it takes a while before it is launched.

some other example: I double click on the desktop and Directory Opus (explorer replacement) is there instantly.

When I launch it later, I have to wait and wait.. nothing is happening.

Then again, maybe it is KIS where sometimes I can see numerous instances of avp.exe running : I can scroll down a number of pages of just avp.exe

They can be gone a minute later.

As said: difficult (=impossible) to pinpoint, so I let it rest, will keep an eye on it though.

=

Hi:

Well, if you're not sure about where you installed MBAM, then you might want to try my earlier suggestions:

Also, setting mutual exclusions between your AV and MBAM might help -- the files that need to be excluded can be found HERE.
Please post back if you need help with that.

Finally, you might want to look at this pinned topic for other possible causes of a slow system: Slow PC? Start Here

>>>>If none of that helps, then please read the following and post back with the requested logs attached to your next reply: Diagnostic Logs.

Otherwise, we're left only to make general recommendations or speculate. ;)

Thanks,