MBAM and Program Compatibility Data Updater - aepdu.dll

Since going to V2 of MBAM my firewall complains about file "Program Compatibility Data Updater - aepdu.dll" trying to access the internet and to grant it access or not.

This has happened on the 3 computers I have MBAM preminum on...once I go to v2 the firewall keeps asking me to grant or deny "Program Compatibility Data Updater" access to the internet.

As a test I have granted permanent access on one computer and denied it on another....as far as I can tell there has been no impact on either computer.

The firewall set up is a version of F-Secure that is packaged by my ISP.  The latest version of F-Secure no longer has a firewall I know, but this ISP packaged version still does.

Hello and :welcome:, TT33:

Since this appears to be some sort of compatibility issue, not a problem with MBAM, per se, you might want to start with step #3 (the diagnostic logs).  It might also help to post up one of your MBAM Premium protection logs, too.

They will provide a bit of basic system info to help the MBAM team determine what might be going on.

Thank You,

daledoc1