How does SurfRight make any $ off HitmanPro...?

kramyugtaht

I've been wondering about this, it seems to be a great product with a great policy for the trial - you can use it to scan indefinitely and although malware removal is only for 30 days you don't have to activate the product in the beginning!

BTW I noticed in the Advanced section there's a VirusTotal field, anyone know off hand how that works? General thoughts on the product...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering about this, it seems to be a great product with a great policy for the trial - you can use it to scan indefinitely and although malware removal is only for 30 days you don't have to activate the product in the beginning!

BTW I noticed in the Advanced section there's a VirusTotal field, anyone know off hand how that works? General thoughts on the product...

HitmanPro is a on-demand second-opinion, forensic and behavioral based malware scanner with a multi-vendor cloud component. You can call a third-opinion from VirusTotal by selecting it from the dropdown menu at the end of each listed result item.

We make money when selling a license when a computer is infected for a second time (after the initial 30 license expires and the computers gets infected again). We also sell product bundles in our shop where you get HitmanPro free with a purchased AV.

We have 3 products:

HitmanPro Anti-Malware (since 2004)

HitmanPro.Kickstart (http://www.hitmanpro.com/kickstart)

HitmanPro.Alert (http://www.hitmanpro.com/alert)

SurfRight is a privately held company with less than 10 employees and is based in The Netherlands. No managers or sales persons, just programmers, malware analysts and support personel.

Hope this helps.

Hello Erik:

From just another member here, please accept a warm welcome to the Malwarebytes forum!  :)

Forum Members:

Erik is one of the developers at SurfRight and is the go to person at the Wilder's forum for HitmanPro products.

It's good to see you keep an eye out on other good forums.