The client has not been registered

Hi all,

I see the client listed in the MEE console however when i send a "Scan" command to it, it never starts to scan.

I also tried to re-push the client to the machine and i get this error:

"Installation failed. Managed client software was already installed. The client has not been registered."

The client is in the list and is shown as being "Online"

Hi Antmar904!

There could have been some sort of problem during the installation of the client.  First thing you could try is to uninstall, reboot, then reinstall the client.

If that doesn't alleviate the problem, I would like to collect some logs.  Please PM me your e-mail and I will create a ticket for you in our support system to collect said logs.

• 6 months later...

There are two ways to remove a client after it has been uninstalled:

The manual way, which is to right-click on a client in the Client Pane to remove it.

Or, you can wait about 30 days, and the console will purge any clients that have not contacted in that time.

If the client still resides in Active Directory, and you have AD synced to MEE, it will still show up as an unregistered client unless it is removed from AD.