Computer reboots and black screens

Hi,

Once a day my computer will turn off and reboot to a black screen, I have to long press it to make it shut down and then restart and it is fine.

This started after I downloaded some picture editor (doh).

Windows 8.1 / Windows Defender / I've run malware bytes and Spybot SND

Please help I really don't want to reformat as it took me ages to have this setup

When I run DDS it says "not meant to run in compatibility mode"

I run it as admin and turn off UAC and even tried "

• "net user administrator /active:yes"

Don't know why it is defaulting to that

also i have this in my event log

The program LiveComm.exe version 17.4.9600.16384 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 700
 Start Time: 01cefc78aed1833e
 Termination Time: 4294967295
 Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.4.9600.16384_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\LiveComm.exe
 Report Id: a24b7b4e-686c-11e3-8290-50e549e0a19e
 Faulting package full name: microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.4.9600.16384_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
 Faulting package-relative application ID: ppleae38af2e007f4358a809ac99a64a67c1

Thank you

Hello spamvarun and welcome to Malwarebytes forum.

You have Windows 8.1, so we actually need to use a different report tool.

Download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT)
from http://images.malwareremoval.com/random/RSITx64.exe
and save it to your desktop.

Start on RSITX64.exe

* If this is Windows Vista or Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1, Do a RIGHT-Click on RSIT and select Run as Administrator and allow to run.

Accept the disclaimer:
Click "Continue" at the disclaimer screen.
Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please attach the logs in your next reply:
both "log.txt" (<<will be maximized) and "info.txt" (<<will be minimized)

Please only ATTACH the log files I ask for.

Do always just reply to -this- ticket ( where indicated ). And do not create new tickets.
If you should have a question, as we go along, please stop and ask me first.

Do not do any freewheeling websurfing for the duration of this case. Do not any any online transactions.

Hello,

Is this your home computer ?  I see it shows as an Enterprise edition of Windows.

I'll need more information to locate the source of the issue.

Turn off your antivirus at this time.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=114351

Close all the opened windows of any program you started. meaning, clear the deck. The principle is to lighten the load of running programs at the time.

Start your MBAM MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware.
Click the Settings Tab and then the General Settings sub-tab. Make sure all option lines have a checkmark.

Then click the Scanner settings sub-tab in second row of tabs. Make sure all option lines have a checkmark. < = =

look down the screen to Action for potentially unwanted programs PUP &

Clicking the down arrow ***
select "Show in results list and check for removal" from the drop down (arrow) selections. < = = =

Next, Click the Update tab. Press the "Check for Updates" button.

If prompted for a Restart, do that.

When done, click the Scanner tab.
Do a FULL Scan. *** <<< ****

When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. < = = =

When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.

When all done, ATTACH the MBAM scan log into a new reply for my review.
IF this is Windows XP, the log would be under this folder
C:\Documents and Settings(Your Profile Name)\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

IF this is Windows Vista or Win7 or Win8:
C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

I need the most current one that starts with the name mbam-log-2013 ( with the latest time & Date stamp)

Please only ATTACH the log files I ask for.

When all done, Re-Enable your antivirus program.

Hello,

LiveComm.exe is a component of Windows 8.     Why would you need to remove it ?

The situation that it was part of a entry in the event log is not unheard of.   And by the way, this is not a sign of a malware infection.

As the earlier log showed a Enterprise edition of Windows 8, it appears you may have a trial version of Windows 8 Enterprise.

In any event, I will recommend you seek advice on the Micrsosoft Technet forums for your specific Windows issue.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home

Regards.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!