Need help with Scorpian removal

I've run Malwarebytes and other cleaning trash software. Malwarebytes identified and removed dozens of "pup.*" entries. Now only one of the two Scorpion Saver programs are left on my Windows 7 under Programs and Services. Though my Malwarebytes says there's nothing harmful left on the computer, and it is greatly cleaned up, noticing no issues in fact, still the program is there and it won't allow me to uninstall it, saying that resource is on some other network resource.

Hello Discipler, and welome to Malwarebytes forum.

Do not be concerned about the list-item in Programs and Features for the "scorpion" pest. It is not harmful in itself, and as long as all of the "scumware" is removed, this has no effect. And it can be cleared out; I will help you with that.

Please do not try anymore to remove by yourself.

Please just follow my advice.

First, I would like for you to attach a copy of the file of the very last Malwarebytes scan log. So i can review.

IF this is Windows Vista or Win7 or Win8: the MBAM scan log would be under this folder

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

I need the most current one that starts with the name mbam-log-2013 ( with the latest time & Date stamp)

Please follow my guidance, and refrain from doing any other "fixes" on your own.

If you have any question, please make the time, stop, and ask me first.

This pest, scorpion saver, can be a challenge to fully remove. But have lots of patience and faith.

As much as possible, keep the Windows in regular mode. As long as it starts and is useable, we can get by the dll message as we get further.

Task 1

Close all of your open program windows, saving any of your open work documents, if any.

This next procedure will do a system restart when it finishes.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop

http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe

Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.)

It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.

Click the "Start" button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.

IF prompted to Reboot, reply "Yes"

Task 2

Save and close any work documents, close any apps that you started.

Temporarily turn off (disable) your antivirus program

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Start your MBAM MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware.

Click the Settings Tab and then the General Settings sub-tab. Make sure all option lines have a checkmark.

Then click the Scanner settings sub-tab in second row of tabs. Make sure all option lines have a checkmark.

look down the screen to Action for potentially unwanted programs PUP < = = VERY Important

& look down the screen to Action for potentially unwanted modifications PUM &

& Action for peer-to-peer software P2P

For each one of the 3 by clicking the down arrow ( on each one, one at a time ) ***

select "Show in results list and check for removal" from the drop down (arrow) selections. < = = =

Next, Click the Update tab. Press the "Check for Updates" button.

If prompted for a Restart, do that.

When done, click the Scanner tab.

Do a Full Scan. i_arrow-l.gif

When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.

The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.

When all done, attach the MBAM scan log into a new reply.

Task 3

Show all files in Windows 7:

Press and hold Windows-key+E key on keyboard to start Windows Explorer.

From the Windows Explorer menu options, Select Tools, then Folder Options.

Next click the View tab.

Locate and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).

Locate and click "Show hidden files and folders and drives. "

Click Apply > OK.

Task 4

Download OTL by OldTimer to your desktop:

http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe

Close all open windows on the Task Bar. Then run OTL

(for Vista, or Windows 7 or 8 Right click the icon and Run as Administrator) to start the program.

In the lower right corner, checkmark "LOP Check" and checkmark Purity Check".

Now click Run Scan at Top left and let the program run uninterrupted. It will take about 4 minutes or so. In any event, have lots of infinite patience.

It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up called OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your desktop and called Extras.txt.

Exit Notepad. Remember where you've saved these 2 files as we will need both of them shortly!

Exit OTL by clicking the X at top right.

Download Security Check by screen317 and save it to your Desktop: http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/SecurityCheck.exe

Run Security Check

Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the command window.

A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; close Notepad. We will need this log, too, so remember where you've saved it!

Then attach the following into your post

OTL.txt

Extras.txt

checkup.txt

Re-enable your antivirus program.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!