replacement for android antivirus?

I've been a long-time user of several of the MB products on the PC.  They live in my tray along with Agnitum AV & Firewall, WinPatrol+, etc.

I own a rooted Nexus 7 2013, and just installed the mobile version:  scanned and set up without a failure of any kind.  Bravo!

I know that the Android environment is VERY different than Windows, and there are far fewer toxins circulating.

Do I need an additional AV, such as Avast, etc in the Android environment, or is the Mobile MBAM sufficient?

Hello ConradTDI,

Welcome to Malwarebytes Public Forum for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Mobile.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Mobile is intended to work like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware for your PC.  It is specifically for detecting malware and virus that behave as malware.   It is not intended to replace your existing antivirus application because you need that to detect virus.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Mobile is intended to work like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware for your PC.  It is specifically for detecting malware and virus that behave as malware.   It is not intended to replace your existing antivirus application because you need that to detect virus.

Hi Nan.  Good to learn that straight from a support person.

I'm running Bitdefender Free on my non-rooted Nexus 7 2013, Android 4.3.  ConradTDI had the same concern I did as there seems to be absolutely no mention of "not intended to replace your existing antivirus...because you need that" on the Web page, blog or Press Center.

Perhaps you could ring up your Web Masters and ask them to make mention of it.

Anyhow, Nesivos's post is encouraging so I'm going to give it a try.

And ditto: Thanks MB for another great product.

Hello dallas7,

I have provided your suggestion to the Product Director to mention "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Mobile is not intended to replace existing mobile AV".  We appreciate your comments and suggestions. 

We do listen to our customers so if you have further suggestions or questions, let us know.