Nasty Ukash virus

I can choose recovery console and I get to where it asks me my password, but it will not accept my password.. i know it is the correct password, when I try to start normally i can get to the user login screen where it asks for my password and it works there but crashes right after that.
I'm guessing I need a different way to get to a cmd prompt to manually use your commands from above? maybe a usb boot drive that will boot to a cmd prompt? Or is there a way to create an XP Pro USB boot that would include the service pack 2 files as my installation disc does not have them? Man this is frustrating! :wacko:

Ok I think I'm running out of options, everywhere i go it's a dead end.. I can't create the slipstream as I do not have a cd drive on this computer, only on the computer i cannot boot. I would need a pre-made XP Pro SP2 or 3 slipstreamed version, but I'm sure that's not allowed. If I can't find another way to fix the password issue, or somehow boot directly to CMD from USB I may have to go looking for an updated installation disc that includes at least SP2. Even if I dig up the disc, I imagine with my recent luck the password issue would still be a problem.. Unless the repair option after i choose set up will not ask for a password..

and this will not work because your installed system is SP3 and your setup disk is only SP 1 or 2...

Let´s try something completely different:

Try this please. You will need a USB drive.

Download http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/unetbootin-xpud-windows-latest.exe & http://noahdfear.net/downloads/bootable/xPUD/xpud-0.9.2.iso to the desktop of your clean computer

• Insert your USB drive
  • Press Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick format
  • Double click the unetbootin-xpud-windows-387.exe that you just downloaded
  • Press Run then OK
  • Select the DiskImage option then click the browse button located on the right side of the textbox field.
  • Browse to and select the xpud-0.9.2.iso file you downloaded
  • Verify the correct drive letter is selected for your USB device then click OK
  • It will install a little bootable OS on your USB device
  • Once the files have been written to the device you will be prompted to reboot ~ do not reboot and instead just Exit the UNetbootin interface
  • After it has completed do not choose to reboot the clean computer simply close the installer
  • Next download http://noahdfear.net/downloads/driver.sh to your USB
  • Remove the USB and insert it in the sick computer
  • Boot the Sick computer
  • Press F12 and choose to boot from the USB
  • Follow the prompts
  • A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
  • Press File
  • Expand mnt
  • sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
  • sdb1 is likely your USB
  • Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)
  • Confirm that you see driver.sh that you downloaded there
  • Press Tool at the top
  • Choose Open Terminal
  • Type bash driver.sh
  • Press Enter
  • After it has finished a report will be located on your USB drive named report.txt
  • Remove the USB drive and insert back in your working computer and navigate to report.txt

Please note - all text entries are case sensitive

Copy and paste the report.txt for my review

The file must be in an opt directory.

So create a directory named opt at the root of the used usb device, copy driver.opt into and try to to start the sick computer.

Try it 2 or 3 times as this software is under development and the opt packages are sometimes not loaded.

Also tell me the exact specification of your computer (developer, model, etc.)

tried it 6 times, no luck, keep getting the same error.. the system is ASUS with an intel core i3. I would be happy at this moment to at least be able to somehow access my important files and be able to move them to usb to save them, then I could just reinstall windows.. I don't even have another computer that i could use to slave the corrupted one..

i finally got it to say loading driver.opt but still get the same error.. I'm about out of time for the day though, I'll see if i can dig up another computer to use to slave the sick hard drive, then get back to you. Thanks for all the help so far, will get back with an update soon. Thanks again Psychotic

Boot-Repair-Disc:

1. DOWNLOAD BOOT-REPAIR-DISK
    Note: Select the right version depending on which windows is installed on your system.
  2. Then burn it on CD or put it on USB key via Unetbootin
  3. Insert the Boot-Repair-Disk and reboot the PC,
  4. Choose your language,
  5. Connect internet if possible
  6. Click "Recommended repair"
  7. When finished, you are provided a link to paste.ubuntu.com - write it down somewhere
  8. Reboot the pc --> solves the majority of bootsector/GRUB/MBR problems
  9. Post up the link you wrote down at step 6.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!