URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Hi,

I recently started getting static lines on my HP Pavilion G6 laptop. I decided to run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and found out I had 4 viruses on my laptop: 1 registry, 1 registry value and 2 normal viruses. It told me to delete them and I did. The static lines have stopped now. However, when I rebooted my laptop and done another scan one of the viruses still remained. It is called PUM.UserWLoad.

Can someone please help me

These are my scan results:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70.0.1100

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.03.21.06

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

Zahra :: ZAHRA-HP [administrator]

21/03/2013 10:28:27

mbam-log-2013-03-21 (10-28-27).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|Q:\|)

Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM

Scan options disabled: P2P

Objects scanned: 424833

Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 37 minute(s), 45 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 1

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PricePeep (Adware.Shopper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Detected: 1

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows|Load (PUM.UserWLoad) -> Data: C:\Users\Zahra\LOCALS~1\Temp\msaeqiiiy.pif -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 2

C:\Program Files (x86)\PricePeep\uninstall.exe (Adware.Shopper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\ProgramData\dsgsdgdsgdsgw.pad (Exploit.Drop.GSA) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

• Staff

we need to see some diagnostic logs to see what might be lurking on your machine, removing malware may take several rounds with different tools before it is all removed, so stay with me

please run the following:

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1

LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.

• Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds to run the tool.
  • When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.

---------------------------------------------------

Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt

Attach.txt.

NEXT

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.

• Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select Yes.
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.
  • You will also notice another file created on the desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) file. Attach that zipped file in your next reply as well

• Staff

Please run the following

Refer to the ComboFix User's Guide

1. Download ComboFix from the following location:
    Link
    * IMPORTANT !!! Place ComboFix.exe on your Desktop
  2. Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.
    You can get help on disabling your protection programs here
  3. Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  4. Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
  5. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply
    Note:
    Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  6. Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

• Staff

Please run the following:

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
  • Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

NEXT

Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.

• Run AdwCleaner and select Delete
  • Once done it will ask to reboot, allow the reboot
  • On reboot a log will be produced, please attach the content of the log to your next reply

NEXT

• Please open your MalwareBytes AntiMalware Program
  • Click the Update Tab and search for updates
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <-- very important
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

NEXT

Go here to run an online scanner from ESET.

• Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the activeX control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
  • Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • When the scan completes, press the LIST OF THREATS FOUND button
  • Press EXPORT TO TEXT FILE , name the file ESETSCAN and save it to your desktop
  • Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Press the BACK button.
  • Press Finish

• Staff

Please do the following:

• Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before following the steps below.
  • They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".

Copy/paste the text inside the Codebox below into notepad:

Here's how to do that:

Press the WinKey + R to open a run box, type Notepad > click OK.

This will open an empty notepad file:

Copy all the text inside of the code box - Press Ctrl+C (or right click on the highlighted section and choose 'copy')

File::
C:\Users\Zahra\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\8\39209a08-2c19b53b
C:\Users\Zahra\Downloads\ilividsetupv1 (1).exe

ClearJavaCache::

Now paste the copied text into the open notepad - press CTRL+V (or right click and choose 'paste')

Save this file to your desktop, Save this as "CFScript"

Here's how to do that:

1.Click File;

2.Click Save As... Change the directory to your desktop;

3.Change the Save as type to "All Files";

4.Type in the file name: CFScript

5.Click Save ...

CFScriptB-4.gif

• Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
  • ComboFix may request an update; please allow it.
  • ComboFix will now run a scan on your system. It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
  • Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

CAUTION: Do not mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

NEXT

Please advise how the computer is running now and if there are any outstanding issues

• Staff

The log show you have two anti virus products installed

AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}

AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Disabled/Updated* {3F839487-C7A2-C958-E30C-E2825BA31FB5}

having more than one can cause system slowdowns, conflicts and crashes

I suggest you uninstall one of them

If you choose to uninstall AVG, then use the AVG removal tool to make sure all remnants are removed

http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe

I would like to ask if the viruses on my laptop have completely gone or if there is a chance that they are still there.

I can't make any guarantees that nothing remains, all I am able to say is there is no sign of any remaining infection in the logs.

If you are not comfortable with that, then the best thing would be for you to save your important documents, images, music and reformat the machine back to factory settings, then re-install your programs

NEXT

Visit ADOBE and download the latest version of Acrobat Reader (version XI)

Having the latest updates ensures there are no security vulnerabilities in your system.

Decline any additional installs that may be offered.

NEXT

javaicon.jpg

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

• Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 7 and Save it to your Desktop.
  • Scroll down to where it says Java SE 7u17
  • Click the Download button under JRE to the right.
  • Read the License Agreement then select Accept License Agreement
  • Click on the link to download Windows x86 Offline and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add or Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE or Java 6) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-7u17-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.
  • Decline any additional installs that may be offered.

• After the install is complete, go into the Control Panel (using Classic View) and double-click the Java Icon. (looks like a coffee cup)
    • On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
    • Next, click on the Delete Files button
    • There are three options in the window to clear the cache - Leave these two Checked

• Trace and Log Files
        Cached Applications and Applets

• Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
      Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
    • Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window
    • Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.

Let me know if there are any other issues

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!