BSOD when Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA 1.01.0.1021

Hi kre8or

Two things I'd like you to do.

;)

Download Memtest86+ (you want the 2nd one Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)). Unzip it then create a CD from the iso file using your CD burning software. There is a good freeware burner called ImgBurn which will do this easily.

DO NOT burn the .iso file directly to CD. It must be used as input to a program that knows what to do with it, like the one I mentioned above.

You can do this on any computer that has a working CD Burner.

Boot the CD and run for at least 3 complete passes unless it shows errors sooner than that. An overnight run is even better.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Ok ill do this ASAP. One new thing that is happening now that never did before is this. I hear a weird digital buzzing noise from time to time in the last few days and it can happen when I watch a video or if the computer is idle and should be doing nothing at all. I also had the video sounds start to go mute once in a while when I go to full screen on a video on youtube or hulu or something like that. This is also new to me. I have had the time max out like the video should be done playing and it continues to play for a long while before but nothing with the sound ever before. I don't know what could be causing all this but thought you should know. Thanks again.

Hi,

Ok, I've redone the test with new memory in there and it passed. I then went to windows and did SFC /scannow and it found corrupted files and said it would fix them on the next restart so I did restart. Then it went through an update process like always and restarted.

I ran the test again and it found them again, like always. :(

Hi kre8or :)

Ok we pass the hard way :angry:

You are still having problems after a SFC scan with corrupt files it couldn't fix, then you can try a In-Place Upgrade which will do a repair of the operating system. You will need to have the DVD installation disc from the PC manufacturer.

BACK UP all of your data you want to save just in case something goes wrong!

Note: After performing In-Place Upgrade, your personal data and installed programs will not be removed but you may need to run Windows Update to install all the available updates for your system to update these system files to the current version. This troubleshooting process is time consuming and may take several hours to complete.

If your DVD installation disk is prior to Sp1, and you have SP1 installed on your computer, you will need to uninstall SP1 to complete the in-place upgrade and then reinstall the necessary windows updates. This applies if you have SP2 also.

If you would like to perform the In-place Upgrade, let’s refer to the following steps.

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.

2. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

• If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install Now screen appears. ClickInstall Now.

• If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, click Run, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.

Note: Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. Click Install Now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, clickUpgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.

Hope this helps you. Let us know either way. Make it a great day!

Hi,

Dang. The worst part is that all my other computers have the same similar issues with updating service packs and they are Win XP, and Win 7. I don't know how MS is letting this happen but I remember calling about my new Win 7 computer, (when it was new.) and they made me do this step. I think there was a place to download a slipstream .iso that the microsoft rep told me about but can't remember where that was now. It has some of the service packs on it already. Do you know the website?

Ya I reinstall the OS and then go straight to updates and the stupid service packs never seem to install like they should. If I were paranoid :ph34r: I would say something is wrong with my ISP or whatever. Anyway, I'll need to do these steps on a day off so it will be a bit before I get to this.

Thanks for the help

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!