Onlinefwd malware issue has not been removed

Curs3d

• Staff

Greetings

"Also on a separate matter i am using a studio 1555 laptop" - is it this laptop or another? what operating system?

These logs are looking very good, we are almost done!!! Just one more scan to go.

:Remove unneeded start-up entries:

This part of the fix is purely optional

These are programs that start up when you turn on your computer but don't need to be, any of these programs you can click on their icons (or start from the control panel) and start the program when you need it. By stopping these programs you will boot up faster and your computer will work faster.

• Run HijackThis (rightclick and run as admin)
  • Click on the Scan button
  • Put a check beside all of the items listed below (if present):

• O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FATrayAlert] C:\Program Files\Sensible Vision\Fast Access\FATrayMon.exe
      O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Dell Dock First Run.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe (User 'Default user')

[*] Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...

[*] Click on the "Fix Checked" button

[*] When completed, close the application.

• NOTE**You can research each of those lines
>here< and see if you want to keep them or not
just copy the name between the brackets and paste into the search space
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint]

Eset Online Scanner

**Note** You will need to use Internet explorer for this scan - Vista and win 7 right click on IE shortcut and run as admin

Go Eset web page to run an online scanner from ESET.

• Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
  • click on the Run ESET Online Scanner button
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
    • Click Start

[*]When asked, allow the add/on to be installed

• Click Start

[*]Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked

[*]Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options

• Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.

[*]Click Scan

[*]wait for the virus definitions to be downloaded

[*]Wait for the scan to finish

When the scan is complete

• If no threats were found
    • put a checkmark in "Uninstall application on close"
    • close program
    • report to me that nothing was found

• If threats were found
    • click on "list of threats found"
    • click on "export to text file" and save it as ESET SCAN and save to the desktop
    • Click on back
    • put a checkmark in "Uninstall application on close"
    • click on finish
    • close program
    • copy and paste the report here

Gringo

Hi Gringo,

The current laptop that was infected is the one i am talking about. Although the problem was there before i was attacked by the infection. I am running on Windows Vista Home Edition 32-Bit. Is there anything that can be done?

Also I have done the Eset online scanner. It is taking awhile to do a full scan. so far there is no threats to be found. Will report back later for the full results. Would like your advice on the above problem.

• Staff

Greetings

I have not heard from you in a couple of days so I am coming by to check on you to see if you are having problems or you just need some more time.

Also to remind you that it is very important that we finish the process completely so as to not get reinfected. I will let you know when we are complete and I will ask to remove our tools

Gringo

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!