Failed to connect to a windows service

SOCIOPATH

Hey guys and ladies. I always come to you guys before anyone else when i have a pc issue because in my opinion you guys are the best of the best and the most courteous and detailed in your help. Anyways enough brown nosing LOL.

Ok so i had a message pop up today that i have never seen. I had installed a windows security update for internet explorer (even though I never use IE) and after that it asked for a restart. When my computer restarted, and after i entered my password, it seemed to sit on the loading page a lot longer than normal before loading my os interface. I then got a popup balloon stating failed to connect to a windows service. So i decided to almost immediately restart again and did not get the popup window again which seemed promising but who knows lol.

Now i have no idea if the error was to do wth the latest update but i was hoping for some help to make sure it isn't something serious. So any help and steps to identify the issue would be great. I just want make sure its not something i ignore when it should be repaired, so I would appreciate all help and thanks for your time.

I am running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Acer aspire laptop 5560.

• 3 weeks later...

You said... "balloon stating failed to connect to a windows service. So i decided to almost immediately restart again and did not get the popup window" and if you returned in a few weeks without a "balloon stating failed to connect to a windows service." Then there is no issue. Chances are the delay you noticed was the installation of the HotFix/patch in the background and a NT Serviced was required but did not load in a time frame that was expected. No continued" failed to connect to a windows service." then there is no problem.