Problem Signatures and lost MW Bytes

I was not able to run my already-installed Malware Bytes and was definitely flipped when it flashed on the screen after I updated it to then proceed with a quick scan and it was then gone. No trash bin or any indication that I had lost the MW bytes.

I attempted to reinstall and got the FileHippo download, as it almost completed a flash said "access denied" and didn't complete the download!

Any ideas?

I'm having some difficulty with freezes on my computer

StartupRepairOffline

Problem Signature 01: 0.0.0.0.

Prob. Sig 02: 0.0.0.0.

Prob. Sig 03: unknown

Prob. Sig. 04: 0

Prob. Sig. 05: unknown

Prob. Sig. 06: 1

Prob. Sig. 07: unknown

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Thanks for your anticipated help. Should I upload a HiJack log?? And if so, where can I get the log that MW bytes uses?

leis

:welcome:

Please do the following to see if it resolves the issue: Post back and let us know please

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Hi,

I was just now able to get my computer to start and so far, I think it could be resolved. I have passed through the windows 7 repair tests, after several tries. I ran my Ccleaner, and AVG updates, fine. They were unable to download any updates and computer froze, from before.

My orig. Malware bytes that had been functioning before all this, is in the programs folder. The other i had downloaded twice, and sent one to delete and tried to install the next, but no access or denied, again.

At this point, I was trying to also delete the original from my programs, but it could not find the orig. or the uninstaller files and so it is sitting.

I will attempt to go ahead and delete the additional MWB from the download folder and then keeping this open, I will follow the link and download from here, and will post back.

time is 5:02 pm Sat.

thanks*

leis

p.s.

I'm sorry that I didn't indicate before, but I have the free version of MWB.

Does this affect or change the help or thread??

Sorry if so. I will await your reply because I believe this link is for the paid version and at the present, I am still unable to delete the other MWB on my machine because of the certain file or part that pertains to doing the uninstall, can't be found. It could be that I'll have to enter safe mode and try to delete it before MWB will proceed downloading with a new copy??

leis

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!