208.73.210.29 blocked by M.Anti-Malvare, cannot open some sites in any browser

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This case is in deadlock. The problem is that you are voluntarily used a huge amount of illegal software, even when it comes to your antivirus program. I do not think there is a better, safer and overall solution than to reinstall your operating system. You can do so to get rid of all this illegal software, get the outset measures against malicious software to be relaxed. The rules do not allow me here when there are so illegal software to help you, and you have a huge amount. Make full formatting your hard drive and then follow the advice here on how quickly after the change to take necessary protective measures:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=104379&pid=515983&st=0entry515983

@DejanS

do a clean (new) Windows Install:

Before you do that, make sure you have at hand the Windows XP CD and also, a fresh new copy of your antivirus that is downloaded from a clean pc and saved on transportable-media (CD-DVD or clean thumb drive).

When you are at point of re-installing o.s., I'd recommend you have the pc disconnected from internet until after the o.s. is installed, plus the antivirus is fully setup and running.

See Windows XP Clean Installation - Partitioning and Formatting using Windows XP CD by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP & AumHa VSOP

Also Clean Install Windows by Michael Stevens, MS-MVP

I would urge you to follow the directions very carefully.

You will loose your documents so if you have some to save, offload them to a separate offline media. And later on insure you do a full scan of them by running your antivirus.

NOTE: If XP CD is from a pc manufacturer, and they bundled an AV like McAfee or Norton/Symantec trial versions, immediately de-install those, sice they will be outdated & of no use. Install your antvirus immediately after.

And get and install Service Pack 3 for Windows XP !!

Other security references at Microsoft

4 steps to protect your computer

How to boost your malware defense and protect your PC

This topic is closed.

Edited by Maurice Naggar