Svchost.exe does not go away.

So, I went to the adobe site, and downloaded the latest adobe reader there. Here's the new Security check log:

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.31

Windows 7 x64 (UAC is enabled)

Internet Explorer 9

``````````````````````````````

Antivirus/Firewall Check:

Windows Firewall Enabled!

ESET Online Scanner v3

Norton Internet Security

WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.

```````````````````````````````

Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:

Spybot - Search & Destroy

Java 6 Update 31

Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.62

Adobe Reader X (10.1.2)

Mozilla Firefox (10.0.2)

````````````````````````````````

Process Check:

objlist.exe by Laurent

Norton ccSvcHst.exe

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice.exe

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui.exe

``````````End of Log````````````

Besides the antivirus problem, the only question I have left is regarding my ipod/USB. When I had the trojans and infections, I did frequently plug them in. Does that mean my usb/ipod could be infected too? (I have not plugged anything into the computer ever since my first post on this site).

On the USB-flash-drive: Do a couple of scans on it.

press and hold the SHIFT key & then insert it, and then do a scan on it with MBAM & then with your anti-virus.

We can wrap this up now. I see that you are clear of your original issues.

If you have a problem with these steps, or something does not quite work here, do let me know.

The following few steps will remove tools we used.

We have to remove Combofix and all its associated folders. By whichever name you named it, ( you had named it combofix icon_exclaim.gif),

put that name in the RUN box stated just below.

The "/uninstall" in the Run line below is to start Combofix for it's cleanup & removal function.

Note the space before the slash mark.

The utility must be removed to prevent any un-intentional or accidental usage, PLUS, to free up much space on your hard disk.

• Highlight the line in this CODEBOX.
    Select & Copy the entire line within this codebox (so that it is in Windows clipboard memory)
    c:\users\Carelessjon\Desktop\ComboFix /uninstall

• Start >> type in cmd >> press the Ctrl+Shift+Enter keyboard combination and cmd.exe will be launched as if you selected Run as Administrator. You will then see a User Account Control prompt asking if you would like to allow the Command Prompt to be able to make changes on your computer. Click on the Yes button and you will now be at the Elevated Command Prompt.
    Do a Right click within the command prompt window and select Paste. This must show the line from Codebox above.
    Then tap Enter

IF in the case Combofix un-install has an issue, skip that step.

NEXT

• Download OTC to your desktop and run it
  • Click Yes to beginning the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. Choose Yes.

ERUNT you should keep and use on a regular basis to backup the system registry.

Be very sure you have registered Norton I.S., have a current license, and that it is up-to-date on definitions !

If these are leftover, delete these tools:

aswMBR

RogueKiller

TDSSKiller

We are finished here. Best regards.