hki.exe virus?

will it state a registry point before using combofix??? or just state restore registry? im not sure of the exact date that i ran combofix i just remember that it was in the AM hrs.
No, that is the backup that was created before combofix was run, it should have only one saved backup there.

ok i found the location and it has the date for 14th. i ran combofix on the 12th or 13th and thats when the problem occurred. but i also reran combofix on the 14th with the problem still persisting. so would i still need to do that if its stating the restore point on the 14th??? sorry but i just wanna be sure

ok...well ive attempted to do a restore and it wont let me, i can see the restore point dates. i click on a date and click next which takes me to the restore confirmation page and explains what i should see and expect. once clickin on the option to comfirm the restore and move on nothing happens after i click next. it stalls for a min or two with the hourglass showin them it just continues to stay on that page. for the month of decemeber i have several restore points 12----2,6,7,and 12th and none of them restores back to those listed dates. i havent tried any dates after that due to the fact that i dont need those dates for the restore since they were created after the problem. is there anything else i can do?? i wasnt sure if i could do a restore in safe mode but after failed attempts i then tried to restore in safe mode with no luck.

In that case, lets try to restore manually. :)

Try this please. You will need a USB drive.

Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computer

• Run GETxPUD.exe
  • A new folder will appear on the desktop.
  • Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.bat
  • The program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.
  • Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.
  • Next download rst.sh to your USB drive
  • Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computer
  • Boot the Sick computer with the CD you just burned
  • The computer must be set to boot from the CD
  • Gently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CD
  • Follow the prompts
  • A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
  • Press File
  • Expand mnt
  • sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
  • sdb1 is likely your USB
  • Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)
  • Confirm that you see rst.sh that you downloaded there
  • Press Tool at the top
  • Choose Open Terminal
  • Type bash rst.sh
  • Press Enter
  • After it has finished a report will be located on your USB drive named report.txt
  • Remove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to report.txt
    Please note - all text entries are case sensitive

Copy and paste the report.txt for my review

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!