How does MBAM real-time work?

Hi guys and gals, I've been using MBAM with real-time protection now for about a week now and I must say I'm very pleased.

My security consists of Kaspersky Internet Sercurity, SpywareBlaster and now MBAM with real-time. I hate running security products which are memory hogs hence Kaspersky ( SpywareBlaster does'nt use any resources it just stuff to blacklists certain sites, downloads, activeX and cookies). So I'm pleased that with MBAM running you don't notice any resorce issues. There also seems to be no conflicts between KIS and MBAM whatsoever.

How does it work?, does it use signatures or some sort of behaviour blocker or HIPS? Congrats guys you have a really solid product, keep up the good work destroying malware one byte at a time.

Regards Stu ;)

Our protection module uses special heuristics designed by our teams of researchers and developers that is capable of preventing most modern malware from installing. The database that defines those heuristics and the various items that we have blacklisted and whitelisted is updated as often as there is something to add to it.