[SOLVED] Anti-Exploit Not Working For Me!--Help

ghost22

I Dl the latest version of MWAE 0.10.0.1000 from the "official" site here...

I am running WinXP SP3 Home...Fully patched..

My other security software is MWAM premium.(latest version),,WinPatrol Plus..and Avast AV Free..ZA Pro Firewall

I ran the installer and now have the program installed in my Program folders file..C drive

I re-booted the machine as asked,and from what I have read I should have mbae.exe and mbae.svc.exe now in my task mgr....I HAVE NEITHER...Nor do I have the service listed when I check my "services"

I DL the "TEST" zip file to see if it is working....and my results are this..Normal...I get the Calc...Exploit...I get the Calc!!

Also in Process Explorer,I have no mbae.dll!!

I then re-ran the setup.exe again..With the SAME Results!

Is it possible that I might have a certain Service disabled,that it is not allowing it to function??...If so,which one/s could it be??

Also,before I re-ran the 2,nd try I added 2 files to both Avast,and MWAM...but of course that didn,t help...

Hope to get this working ....

Thanks

Is your Avast in Hardened Mode by any chance? Avast white-listing sometimes prevents other software from installing.

Hi there...I am running Avast ver. 8.0.1489...Had too many problems with there latest 9.0...and I don,t believe this version has a "hardened" mode....BUT

I forgot to mention in my first post(wanted to edit it,but couldn,t find an edit button :angry: )...that I exited my WinPatrol,and disabled Avast before installing,so that SHOULD have not been a problem...Never had a boo from my firewall or MWAM...

No folder for MBAE in Doc & Settings/All Users/App Data/

No log file in Program files/MBAE

Q..What service/s need to be explicitily on manual,or auto for this program to properly install and function!!

Q. Any special tool needed for un-install,just in case??

• Staff

If the files are copied into %ProgramFiles%\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\ can you please try the following:

1- Open a command prompt

2- Change to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\

3- type "mbae-svc /install"

4- Post here the resulting message

• Staff

There must be something preventing the installer from changing the permissions on the MBAE logs directory.

Does the directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit exist?

If so, can you create a new txt file or copy a file inside the directory?

Do you have MBAM Pro in real-time and if so, do you have "Self-Protection" active by any chance?

GOOD   NEWS!!!!.

Q..".Do you have MBAM Pro in real-time and if so, do you have "Self-Protection" active by any chance?"

A... Yes,I had it enabled....Taking a cue from that I disabled it,Un-installed what I had listed in my Program Folder for it...Ran the installler setup.exe and Voila,I now have MWAE installed and Working!!

To be sure,I used the Test.exe and all is well....Have the 2 entries now in my Task Mgr...Have the mbae-svc.exe service running in services on Auto....as well as have the folder now in Doc & Set/All Users/App Data/Malwarebytes/MBAE!!!!

QUESTION....MWAM,s self protection seems to be very powerful..(which is good)....Is the recommendation for it supposed to be ON.....

In the meantime,thank you very much for your time and attention....

"Out of curiosity, which version of MBAE do you have installed?"....For MWAE I have version..0.10.0.1000

For MWAM I have version 2.0.1.1004 Premium...

Do you have an answer for this...QUESTION....MWAM,s self protection seems to be very powerful..(which is good)....Is the recommendation for it supposed to be ON.....