Malicious Website Protection Disabled

Product :  MBAM Premium   Database : 2014.7.7.2

After updating with 2014.7.7.2 the Malicious Website Protection has been disabled.  Clicking "Fix Now" does NOT fix the problem.

Login-in as Administrator and attempting to fix the problem through Settings > Detection and Protection > Malicious Website Protection also does NOT fix the problem.

Please fix as soon as possible and reissue update.   Malicious Website Protection is one of the most critical services in MBAM.

Thanks

T.

Hello, Tabvla:

That is not normal behavior and, thus far, you are the only user to report this.

I am on the same database version here, and have no such problem.

Moreover, it's hard to explain why a database update would disable a protection module.

Here are the routine troubleshooting steps -- if you want, you may wish to skip step #1 and proceed immediately with posting the diagnostic logs:

Thank You,

Hi Dale, thanks for your reply.

Have just resolved the issue.  This is what I did.

1. Logged-in as Administrator

2. Deleted the MBAM Database

3. Connected to Malwarebytes

4. Reloaded the Database

Problem resolved :-)

And I agree..... it is very difficult to explain why a Database update would disable a protection module.  But this is too big a coincidence.  The problem occurred immediately after the update to xxxx 7.2.  So what I assume must have happened is that the download of xxxx 7.2 was corrupted.  For a reason that I don't understand that caused the Malicious Website Protection to be disabled.

Not what one would expect..... but the developers will probably know why :-)

T.

Hi:

Not what one would expect..... but the developers will probably know why :-)

I'm glad you got it solved. :)

For the record -- especially for anyone casually reading this thread -- your troubleshooting steps would not be the standard, recommended procedure.

Manually removing the database -- especially for basic users -- could cause problems.

As for the developers' "knowing why", alas, without diagnostic logs from your system, they would likely have NO idea. ;)

(If there were a "problem" with the database update, the forum would likely be very busy now with similar reports.  It may have been some one-off corruption of the database update on your system, as you suggested.  But, without logs, it's hard to know...)

Thanks for reporting the problem and the resolution.

Cheers,

Hi Dale

For the record -- especially for anyone casually reading this thread -- your troubleshooting steps would not be the standard, recommended procedure.

Manually removing the database -- especially for basic users -- could cause problems.

Oops..... apologies, I should have replied to you privately....  :blink:

For all non-technical users, let me confirm what Dale says.  Do NOT manually remove the Database unless you are absolutely 100% certaih that you know what you are doing.  I work with computers all day - it is what I do - and I have many years experience. 

As for the problem I reported.  Almost certainly a one-off due to a corrupt download.  Should probably give my ISP a good smack :P

T.