Can not enable protection module

Hi.

I bought Malwarebytes a little while back and it has been working perfectly on my system, until I disabled

the 'startup with windows' option a couple of times. I enabled and disabled it fine and it worked perfectly, but

now I can not get it to start with windows at all. I didn't change anything - it just refuses to boot with

windows. I have checked everything is starting up in Autoruns - no problems there and also services.msc.

Though when I was checking services.msc I found that the mbamservice.exe can just not be shut down any way.

Though that starts, the program itself does not.

Now, when I click the 'Enable Protection Module' it then starts and the option is there to start with windows.

Except that it just plain refuses to do that, apart from mbamservice.

I am on win7 64-bit SP1. I am running from a standard user account and it just will not work any more.

When I log out and into the administrator account it is there and working perfectly. The icon is in the task

bar tray. With my standard user account it is no where to be seen.

I have un-installed and re-installed from both accounts and have even used the Mbam clean program you recommend,

taking care to re-start the machine on each 'pass'.

I have prevx (free version-scanner only) and Comodo Firewall installed also. There does not appear to be any

conflicts I can see and as I mentioned, up till now everything has worked just fine.

I have spent about 5 or 6 hours trying to get this to work and am finally at a loss where I need to ask for some

help. I build computers and do a bit of programming, but this has me stumped.

I'd like to get to the bottom of it and understand what has gone wrong because I use and experiment with various

security programs/windows features. Though I must say Comodo configured well (which I have) and Mbam Pro running

together seem like an ideal combination to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Maybe something else I could try that I haven't thought of?

Thanks.