Computer Browser

DHCP Client

DNS Client

Network Connections

Network Location Awareness

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Server

TCP/IP Netbios helper

Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations only)

WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations only)

Workstation

Same issue as I reported in post #114:

Computer Browser : Started, Automatic

DHCP Client : not started, Automatic

DNS Client : not started, Automatic

Network Connections : Started, Manual

Network Location Awareness : Started, Automatic

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) : Started, Automatic

Server : Started, Automatic

TCP/IP Netbios helper : Started, Automatic

WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations only) : not applicable, no wireless card

Workstation : Started, Automatic

So it looks as though the DHCP and DNS clients are stopped.

Dependencies for DHCP client:

Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock

Network Store Interface Service

Dependencies for DNS client:

No dependencies listed.

I tried clicking "Start" for the DNS client and got the following message:

Windows could not start the DNS Client service on Local Computer.

Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

That is baffling: the error message mentions a dependency but the dependencies tab says "no dependencies"!

I got the same message trying to start the DHCP client, but at least some dependencies are listed.

I have been following this topic and would like to add what I found while reading this. I had the same problem and after reading this did some research and found that when I remove tdx from dependencies in the dhcp key then the internet works. I then saw that the tdx key was missing entirely from the registry so I copied it from another computer to the one I was having trouble with and now all the services you have been talking about are working.

Computer Browser : Started, Automatic

DHCP Client : started, Automatic

DNS Client : started, Automatic

Network Connections : Started, Manual

Network Location Awareness : Started, Automatic

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) : Started, Automatic

Server : Started, Automatic

TCP/IP Netbios helper : Started, Automatic

WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations only) : not applicable, no wireless card

Workstation : Started, Automatic

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Dhcp

went to dependonservice and removed tdx, after this dhcp started working but still know DNS Client

Copied tdx registry value from another computer to the troubled one, put tdx back in dhcp, rebooted and now they all work

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\tdx

I hope this helps, I was tackling this problem for a long time with a computer that had the windows recovery virus. Was finally able to run malwarebytes then ran microsoft security essentials and found several other viruses and think I have it cleaned up and working now. Thanks for getting me on the right track and noticing that the tdx registry key was missing.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!