Nothing on the pc loads or works.

hey guys,

i installed and ran malwarebytes on my desktop computer and the scanner found some trojans and registry keys that were corrupted so i deleted them (i now know that i should've just quarantined them and ask questions first).

anyways after rebooting, now the start menu doesnt show up...task manager doesn't work..nothing on the desktop shows up. only the wallpaper and the cursor work.

in safe mode everything shows up, and i was going to do a system restore but i find that i don't have any system restore poitns. i'm on my laptop right now and have no clue on what to do to fix the desktop pc..i read in anothr thread to dl winsock xp, and it didn't fix anything either...i looked up in other threads and most peoples problems was just with the internet connection which i can't connect to. but my main problem is the whole pc..

anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it..? any suggestions are appreciated..thanks!

You might want to try doing this. I've done this before, and it has saved my skin. Just follow the "Instructions".

Last Known Good Configuration.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852

When you first Start-Up, "Tap the F8 Key until you get a Menu.

This article describes how to use the Last Known Good Configuration feature in Windows XP. The Last Known Good Configuration feature is a recovery option that you can use to start your computer by using the most recent settings that worked. The Last Known Good Configuration feature restores registry information and driver settings that were in effect the last time the computer started successfully. Use the Last Known Good Configuration feature when you cannot start Windows XP after you make a change to your computer, or when you suspect that a change that you just made may cause a problem. For example, you can use this feature if you cannot start Windows XP after you install a new driver for your video adapter, or if you installed an incorrect driver and have not yet restarted

Good luck.

Ken: :excl: