Google redirect and fsharproj

Then please download TweakUI and install/run it.

Click "Control Panel" in the left panel. In the right pane you can see the names of all Control Panel files as well as their descriptions. Uncheck or check Control Panel icons as desired to hide / show them in the Control Panel. Press "OK" when done.

If it is not clear which item you need to disable, try them one at a time and verify after every try the Control Panel to see if RedSwoosh is gone.

Okay. That was easy. The Red Swoosh Icon is gone from my control panel. Should I be worried about the other artifacts from it? I see that it, and a bunch of games, and some other p2p programs are listed in the 'exceptions' section of firewall security. Should I worry?

Thank you for all of your help. Doug

Hi Doug, no these are all in an older ControlSet, which means they are in a part of the registry that is not used by Windows and that will be overwritten after a few reboots. The ports in the active Controlset were already disabled.

No need to worry about RedSwoosh components; although the uninstall did a sloppy job, these leftovers really pose no harm.

Please let me know if you have any problem/question left. :)

I only use IE, but I have Mozella installed. I did install some security updates yesterday and the Microsoft update site found that I had disabled active-x controls. I seemed to have less problems after that.

Avira guard apparently found a virus trying to activate itself (or maybe it was activated by Malwarebytes scanning). Anyway I got this message from Avira but Malwarebytes didn't find anything on the over-night scan: Virus or unwanted program 'JAVA/Tharra.A [virus]'

detected in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\33\7d358f61-76b4954a.

Action performed: Deny access

It is now in quarantine.

What part of the World are you in? I'm in California. - Doug

Hi Doug, that may indeed explain the problems in Internet Explorer. :)

That avira detection is just a Java cache object and nothing to worry about.

What part of the World are you in? I'm in California.
I live in Romania (which is a country in Eastern Europe), although I am Dutch. :)

Do you have any other question/problem?