website blocking issue (1.51.0.1200)

An old issue back again with 1.51.0.1200.

The main menu shows a check to start malicious website blocking, the rightclick tray icon option shows website blocking unchecked.

The log shows a 87 error.

I am running Nod32 AV besides MBAM on this XP machine.

What might be wrong here?

Gerard

post-1477-0-22310600-1306965156.png

I also noticed that the mbam-logs are in the docs&settings.......my name directory and the protection logs are in the ........all users directory. (normal?)

Possibily best thing to try I uninstalling MBAM and do a fresh installation. I vagually remember I did some exercises in the docs and settings area few weeks ago.

I am the only user with admin privs.

Gerard

Hello Gerard,

Yes it is intended to have the protection module logs in one location and the scan logs within another.

Let me know how the reinstall goes and if you are still experiencing this issue.

Thank you!

Uninstalled, cleaned and rebooted. Installed and updated latest version with same result.

Then I unchecked the start protection module with windows and rebooted. After that I checked again the same option, rebooted and MBAM is running OK now for the whole day, also after several shutdowns and startups of the machine. :)

The logs however still shows user null but i am logged in under my own name. :huh: as owner/admin of this machine. Possibily I tweaked that in the past.

As soon as I know more I will let you know.

Cheers,

Gerard

Hello Gerard,

I appreciate the continued feedback. Do you have settings that logs you out of your account after a specific amount of idle time?

For example, does your system go to the log-in screen after exiting screen saver?

Thank you!

Hello Gerard,

I appreciate the continued feedback. Do you have settings that logs you out of your account after a specific amount of idle time?

For example, does your system go to the log-in screen after exiting screen saver?

Thank you!

Thanks for your replies.

The system does not log me out. I changed windows from autologin to manual login and also changed the password to be sure it is me logging in. But I am still null. Am on autologin again now. (website blocking is still ok, i just tested:

22:38:39 (null) IP-BLOCK 212.117.167.133 (Type: outgoing)

22:38:42 (null) IP-BLOCK 212.117.167.133 (Type: outgoing)

22:38:48 (null) IP-BLOCK 212.117.167.133 (Type: outgoing)

Hello Gerard,

It appears something is blocking MBAM from getting the current user logged in.

Please Download OTL to your Desktop:

To Use OTL:

• Get OTL From
HERE
Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
OTL should now start. Change the following settings
Change Drivers to All
Change Standard Registry to All
Under File Scans, change File age to 30
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt (first run only). These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please attach these 2 files in your next reply.

Thank you!

Hi,

I am logged in under my own name being an admin (disabled autologin to be sure).

Ran the OTL app. and attached the text file. I don't have the extras.txt (it is 3rd run :()

On my other machine no probs, about the same setup but on Win7 Ultimate (64)

Best,

Gerard

OTL.Txt

Hello Gerard,

Yes TermService needs to be running at the time MBAM starts. Whenever you get those errors within your Protection log that is when you are logged out but have something scheduled to run from the administrator account.

If you have any further questions/issues please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you