Win7 pro no longer boots after running MBAM

Hello,

i have installed MBAM after having problems with a friends Toshsiba Satallite L550. the only way the laptop would stay switched on and not automatically rboot after login was to boot in SAFE MODE (with networking). i followed the first 8 bullet points on this web site, "I'm infected - What do I do now?". i rebooted the laptop as directed and now it does not boot.

MBAM advised it found 4 files.

The laptop now seems to stop at the "booting from HDD" message. :(

i have installed the HDD into a USB caddy and the data seems to be all there, but it does not boot!

Installed version is: 1.50.1.1100 with the updated sgnature from today.

My friend will kill me if i can't get it to boot up. Could anyone offer some advise regarding the booting issue? Thanks in advance for any advise. :)

Hardware: Toshsiba Satallite L550

Hello and welcome, friedbrains:

Sounds as if the malware has crippled the system pretty badly.

Alas, we do not work on malware removal in this particular sub-forum.

However, free, expert assistance can be found at the malware removal-HJT forum.

As you have already begun the initial steps in the cleaning process, please describe your computer's symptoms as best you can and post the requested logs by starting a new thread at the Malware Removal-HJT forum.

When you do, you may wish as well to provide the link back to this thread for reference.

The helpers will ask for the results of the MBAM and DDS logs, copy/paste (not attachments!), in your posts there, if you can provide them.

If you can't then please just describe as best you can what happened and what you have done so far (as you have already mentioned).

One of the authorized, trained experts will then assist you as soon as possible for one-on-one malware detection and removal.

When you post, please be sure to select Track This Topic & choose one of the email options, so that you will be notified when someone responds.

Please allow 24-48 hours before bumping your thread.

In the interim, do you have your Windows installation CD/DVD? (It might come in handy.)

(If not, the malware expert who assists you will undoubtedly have some other ideas, such as a bootable Linux disk or other recovery disk....)

Other Support Options:

Alternatively, as a paying customer using MBAM PRO, you may wish instead to start a support ticket by contacting support at: support@malwarebytes.org; or

Premium, fee-based support options are available here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/premium-support.php.

Also, please use the "Add Reply" button when replying here & at the other boards, so that it will be easier for everyone to follow the thread.

I hope this gets you started on cleaning up your system,

daledoc1

PS Sorry about all the extra bolded text -- the IPBoard seems to be having a blonde moment and is inserted extra BBCode, for some reason.

Edited by exile360
Corrected BBCode