Cannot Search

Clean up with OTL:

• Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
  • Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
  • On the OTL main screen, press the CLEANUP button
  • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

Good job thumbup.gif

If you used DeFogger

To re-enable your Emulation drivers, double click DeFogger to run the tool.

• The application window will appear
  • Click the Re-enable button to re-enable your CD Emulation drivers
  • Click Yes to continue
  • A 'Finished!' message will appear
  • Click OK
  • DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK

IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_enable which will appear on your desktop.

Your Emulation drivers are now re-enabled.

Here's my usual all clean post

To be on the safe side, I would also change all my passwords.

This infection appears to have been cleaned, but as the malware could be configured to run any program a remote attacker requires, it's impossible to be 100% sure that any machine is clean.

Log looks good :D

• Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
    1. From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
    2. Click once on the Security tab
    3. Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
    4. Click once on the Custom Level button.
    5. Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
    6. Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
    7. Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
    8. Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
    9. Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
    10. Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
    11. When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
    12. If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
    13. Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

[*]Update your AntiVirus Software - It is imperative that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week

(Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

[*]Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer.

Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over.

I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients.

Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.

[*] WOT , Web of Trust, As 'Googling' is such an integral part of internet life, this free browser add on warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. It is especially helpful when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites, helping you avoid the dangerous sites:

Green to go

Yellow for caution

Red to stop

WOT has an addon available for both Firefox and IE.

[*] JAVA Click this link and click on the Free JAVA Download

[*]Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly.

This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.

If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site

until there are no more critical updates.

Only run one Anti-Virus and Firewall program.

I would suggest you read:

PC Safety and Security--What Do I Need?.

How to Prevent Malware:

The full version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware could have helped protect your computer against this threat.

We use different ways of protecting your computer(s):

• Dynamically Blocks Malware Sites & Servers
  • Malware Execution Prevention

Save yourself the hassle and get protected.