malwarebytes won't install following go.google virus

ingenue

Hi

Sorry i may be a typical woman and blocking my ears off to any form of instruction, but i've done my best to research forum etiquette and believe this requires a new post. Apologies if wrong, happy to re-post

So the problem started with a go.google virus. I researched it and the best fix is to install malwarebytes

Unfortunately although the installation process completes i cannot run the programme. It is completely unresponsive. Sad times! Looking at similar posts it seems that you have recommended running combo something, which seems complex. I want to fix this problem but don't want to go about it willy nilly. Can you help?

Thanks so much

W

Hello ingenue and welcome to Malwarebytes. Please consider yourself a special case and in no way typical of all women. Please change the name of MBAM to ingenue.exe and see if that helps. Right click the program icon in the program folder and choose rename, put in ingenue.exe and see if that works. Post that log in the body of your next reply. Please get HiJack This! install it to C:\Program Files

Close all programs leaving only HijackThis running, and click on scan and save a log. Post that log as a reply here in the body of the post, not as an attatchement.

Hello ingenue and welcome to Malwarebytes. Please consider yourself a special case and in no way typical of all women. Please change the name of MBAM to ingenue.exe and see if that helps. Right click the program icon in the program folder and choose rename, put in ingenue.exe and see if that works. Post that log in the body of your next reply. Please get HiJack This! install it to C:\Program Files

Close all programs leaving only HijackThis running, and click on scan and save a log. Post that log as a reply here in the body of the post, not as an attatchement.

HJITnstall.exe won't install. Alas