Site Advisor and Firewall need advice........

Sami

Hi

Please anybody can suggest me about Belarc Advisor Security (site Advisor ) if this is good or not ??I use Wot but i need for my office one site advisor that work for both Opera and FF 3.I heard about Firerust SiteHound but that works only for FF and IE........

And about Firewall one of my friend recommended me Outpost security suite pro 2009.....

Any advice..........

Belarc is not SiteAdvisor, it is a system analysis tool nothing to do with security. Firefox is on version 3.3 update it now. Site Advisor doesn't work for Opera.

Online Armour is a great firewall and free. You need a layered protection.

All recommended programs are free and easy on system resources. You should install them as part of your protection arsenal.

A firewall and antivirus are also essential. The Windows firewall in XP and Vista is not sufficient.

Preform Windows Updates monthly on the second Tuesday or use automatic updates, and use your scanners weekly at the least. Always update before you scan.

Keep other software known for vulnerabilities updated also. Use the Secunia Inspector free scan to identify risks in outdated versions.

MBAM

hpHosts

Avira Antivir

Spybot Search & Destroy Be sure to use the immunize feature.

SpywareBlaster from Javacool Software

WinPatrol by BillPStudios

SiteHound by FireTrust

RogueRemover

The windows firewall is not sufficient to protect. It doesn't monitor outgoing traffic and this is a must. I use and recommend Online Armor Free

Also the full protection of MBAM is offered at a very low price For life in my signature.

You will also need at least one other scanning program Asquared or SuperAntiSpyware are good and there are several other excellent programs with free and paid versions. Read the overviews of what each program below does so you have an understanding of their importance and how to use.