Blocking malwarebytes.org

I am currently working on a computer and after cleaing off all the viruses and malware it appears to still have some sort of an issue. Currently I cannot ping malwarebytes.org from this computer. When I do it just pings the localhost. I am still able to ping sites such as google.com, however this happens to all virus protect sites/forums like symantec.com. Host file is perfectly fine. Any ideas?

Tools such as SDFix and Combofix are recommended by their developers to be used in a supervised environment, by a Malware Removal Expert trained in their use. :)

You use them yourself at your own risk. See combofix's disclaimer:

combifixdiscl.png

I think its far better for users unsure of what they may be doing, to post a hijackthis log for expert help.

HJT instructions.

Post the log here.

Tools such as SDFix and Combofix are recommended by their developers to be used in a supervised environment, by a Malware Removal Expert trained in their use. :)

You use them yourself at your own risk. See combofix's disclaimer:

I think its far better for users unsure of what they may be doing, to post a hijackthis log for expert help.

HJT instructions.

Post the log here.

Technically you use all anti-malware tools at your own risk. Both Combofix and SDFix (not as often) are typically recommend as "run this first" tools, and they generate logs in case an expert wants to review them. Most experts know by now that HJT logs don't tell the whole story. In any event I'm sure the MBHJT forum is more appropriate for the OP in case he still needs assistance cleaning up his infections.

Technically you use all anti-malware tools at your own risk. Both Combofix and SDFix (not as often) are typically recommend as "run this first" tools, and they generate logs in case an expert wants to review them. Most experts know by now that HJT logs don't tell the whole story. In any event I'm sure the MBHJT forum is more appropriate for the OP in case he still needs assistance cleaning up his infections.

MBAM is a run first tool, combofix is definitely not

Combofix by sUBs was never intended to be used in the way that that software such as SuperAntispyware or Malwarebytes Antimalware is done. There are several excellent reasons for this Disclaimer shown when you start the program:

Some that I have observed:

MBAM is a run first tool, combofix is definitely not

My initial reply was to the OP of this thread who claimed that he's already tried running various tools to clean up an infected pc. Majorgeeks.com recommends Combofix in their 'Read and run me first' before they will even assist you. I've been cleaning systems since malware became an epidemic (~6 yrs. ago) and used Combofix on close to 1000 or more pc's during that time. TTBOMK the number of times Combofix has hosed a pc to where I have to perform a repair install is <10 which is close to their estimate. IMO it's no different than people posting that MBAM has hosed their pc after a scan & reboot. It happens with other anti-malware software as well.

Edited by JeanInMontana
This user is not approved to give help for malware.

I am currently working on a computer and after cleaing off all the viruses and malware it appears to still have some sort of an issue. Currently I cannot ping malwarebytes.org from this computer. When I do it just pings the localhost. I am still able to ping sites such as google.com, however this happens to all virus protect sites/forums like symantec.com. Host file is perfectly fine. Any ideas?

Go to Downloads.com or Major Geeks download MBAM, update it run a quick scan. Then go http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7 start your own topic post the MBAM log and a log from HiJack This!

Running any special fix tool, is never the first step. @ EliteKiller please do not give malware removal advice here, you are not approved to do so.

Running any special fix tool, is never the first step.

That's your opinion. It's also worth mentioning that bleepingcomputer.com is one of the reputable sites that suggests certain tools for specific infections.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum55.html

You'll find a lot of threads suggesting Smitfraudfix only. Some of the newer threads suggest MBAM due to its versatility.

@ EliteKiller please do not give malware removal advice here, you are not approved to do so.

No problem. In any event the advice I offered is accurate and helpful to the topic of discussion. nosirrah didn't appear to have a problem, or at least he didn't make it public.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7194

What nosirrah does is what he does. I'm telling you not to offer advice period. I see that you have again. Maybe you didn't notice BC is not this site. They certainly are one of the best sites for PC help, we work closely with them in fact. What goes on at this site is totally different. Consider this your last warning.