mp3splt (for Windows)

Velja

Hi,

since this is my first post on this forum, just wanted to say that mbam is AWESOME and that it helped in MANY attempts to disinfect computers. Thank you! :(

Now to the point. I have a program called "mp3 split" installed in Windows XP. It is a GNU GPL opensource fast MP3 splitting/editing program; source code (of course), compiled Linux (rpm, deb, ...) and Windows (exe) versions are available.

Homepage is here:

http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net/

The version I have installed is 0.5.9 with GUI for Windows, which is here (although 0.6 is the latest since like 2 weeks ago):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp3splt/fi...86.exe/download

For that version mbam reported P2P.Dropper for these 2 objects:

C:\Program Files\mp3splt-gtk\mp3splt-gtk_uninst.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\mp3splt-gtk

I am attaching the mbam report and that .exe file in zip form.

Thanks in advance and keep up the GREAT work!

Regards,

Velja

mbam_log_2010_10_14__02_44_07_.zip

mp3splt_gtk_uninst.zip

Fixed in the next update.

Hi first post and dont know much about computers ran scan late last night and scan also found two files infected with p2p dropper ( didnt have same program as poster though)

Files Infected:

C:\Program Files\BT Broadband Desktop Help\btbb\OfflineUpdate\40bab491bb30902e00000123bb30904d.exe (P2P.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Program Files\BT Broadband Desktop Help\btbb\OfflineUpdate\40bab491bb30902e00000123bb309050.exe (P2P.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Is this also a false positive if you need any more info please let me know. Thanks in advance