Possible FP with iTunes 10 install? (Spyware.OnlineGames)

ohjohnny

Shortly after installing iTunes 10 a few days ago, I started to get pop-ups from Malwarebytes telling me that it "detected a malicious process attempting to start and has blocked the execution attempt." It asks me to choose disable, ignore or quarantine and tells me the threat is "Spyware.OnlineGames" and it's in C:/Program Files (x86)\CDDBCONTROLAPPLE.DLL.

I keep choosing quarantine but it does nothing and the pop-up from MWB eventually comes back.

When I look at the event log, it tells me that quarantine failed with an error 02.

I have fully scanned the computer with Malwarebytes, Eset Smart Security 4, Bit Defender Online, IObit 360, etc. and nothing has turned up on any of these scans, including from Malwarebytes itself. I have even run the developer scan from the instructions in this forum and nothing came up. I have looked in that directory and the only files present are files that are from the iTunes 10 install. At least they are all dated the same -- the morning I did the install. That CDDBCONTROLAPPLE.DLL is nowhere on my computer, as far as I can tell. I have also looked and performed several scans in safe mode.

I'm not sure about attaching a log, since I've never had an actual scan that identified this threat. There is also nothing listed in the "Quarantine" section of MWB, even though I have repeatedly chosen the Quarantine option when I get the MWB pop-up.

Not sure what to do next? The MWB pop up continues to come up several times a day.

Thanks.

I have located a copy of this file, we are not detecting it. My daughter also uses itunes on here laptop (obviously also has MBAM :) ) and I know for a fact this is not happening on her system.

I am thinking this may actually be a bug rather than a FP. I am going to have support take a look at this as the issue seems familiar.

I have located a copy of this file, we are not detecting it. My daughter also uses itunes on here laptop (obviously also has MBAM :) ) and I know for a fact this is not happening on her system.

I am thinking this may actually be a bug rather than a FP. I am going to have support take a look at this as the issue seems familiar.

Thanks!

If I may say, I upgraded my iTunes to version 10 a few days ago and also use Mbam in realtime and have not experienced any issues. Please let me know if I can be of any help here :)