Why wont it run!

Okay!

I'm pretty sure I have a VERY recent little nasty on my laptop, I'm strugging with speed, performance, popup IE windows, accessing certain websites, downloading AVG virus checker updates, and now even some applications wont run.

The app's in question LOOK like they're going to run, you go into "Start > All Programs >" find the app and click on it, and although the start menu dissappears (and insome cases the mouse pointer goes into an egg timer) nothing actually happens!

I've also tried going on to tas manager to initiate the apps from there (these app's are nothing special, mainly work and I've been using them all for months before now with no issue).

I'm equally as sure (based on what I've read on the tinternet) that malwarebytes will cleanse thisout, BUT it just happens to be another one of those afore mentioned app's that wont run ;)( It installed okay, but that's your lot.

I've tried Windows Defender, Ad-Aware, SpyBot S&D and even System Mechanc but nothing will find this SOB and kill it!

Any ideas anyone? SERIOUSLY struggling here now :)(

Hopefully will hear something back from yu VERY clever and ingenious folk on here soon.

Ta,

JueBob

Okay!

I'm pretty sure I have a VERY recent little nasty on my laptop, I'm strugging with speed, performance, popup IE windows, accessing certain websites, downloading AVG virus checker updates, and now even some applications wont run.

The app's in question LOOK like they're going to run, you go into "Start > All Programs >" find the app and click on it, and although the start menu dissappears (and insome cases the mouse pointer goes into an egg timer) nothing actually happens!

I've also tried going on to tas manager to initiate the apps from there (these app's are nothing special, mainly work and I've been using them all for months before now with no issue).

I'm equally as sure (based on what I've read on the tinternet) that malwarebytes will cleanse thisout, BUT it just happens to be another one of those afore mentioned app's that wont run ;)( It installed okay, but that's your lot.

I've tried Windows Defender, Ad-Aware, SpyBot S&D and even System Mechanc but nothing will find this SOB and kill it!

Any ideas anyone? SERIOUSLY struggling here now :)(

Hopefully will hear something back from yu VERY clever and ingenious folk on here soon.

Ta,

JueBob

Welcome to the boat! Seems to be a few of us with this problem. I'm not qualified to actually help you, as I'm waiting for help too, but I do know you'll want to restart in safe mode. If you have a second computer, use it to download SuperAntiSpyware, hijack this and Spybot Search and Destroy, along with the updates. This has helped the problem, and I can use my browsers and update AV definitions.

Try renaming the main MalwarBytes' file (Should be at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes'\mbam.exe) and rename to your username or some random word. Some malware block files based off of their filename from running.

Tried to rename the file, and even to run the renamed version from another location but no joy ;) Bloomin thing still looks as if it's gonna run (with the egg timer thing) but then does......... sod all ;)

Any other ideas surfaced guy's?

(Thanks for the comments so far)