Anti-Malware And/Or RogueRemovalPro

Hello -

I have only recently become aware of Malwarebyte's products (from a posting by rpggamergirl on the Experts-Exchange forum). I am impressed and am thinking of purchasing the Anti-Malware product. My question is this: What are the differences between Anti-Malware and RogueRemovalPro products? Are they complementary or redundant? I am looking for a product that is going to provide real-time protection from malware like Vundo and 'Antivirus 2008'. That is to say, I want something that stops these assaults on my PC before they install on my PC..

I currently have Kaspersky Internet Security installed on my PC, but I have resigned myself to the apparent fact that no one product offers comprehensive protection. That's not to say I'm unhappy with the Kaspersky software, it just the way things are I guess...

Note: I originally posted this question on the 'News' forum. I apologize for the confusion.

Todd

RR and MBAM are similar in the rogue apps removed, however MBAM has a much wider reaching database and will soon be something no one else has. RR doesn't address Vundo. MBAM does it's best to keep up with the ever evolving mutant strains of Vundo. No one product can keep you safe and no product will ever be fool proof. The best protection is a layered protection, and common sense. Below is the standard layers I use and recommend, all are free except the protection service in MBAM. WinPatrol does have a pro version that is well worth the one time price too. I do use the paid version of SiteHound also..but that is just because I do so much site investigation stuff, I want those tools.

Many of these infections can be avoided with an added layer of prevention. All recommended programs are free and easy on system resources. You should install them as part of your protection arsenal. Good malware/spy/adware scanners are MBAM and Spybot Search & Destroy and always immunize SBS&D when you update. You will also need at least one other scanning program Asquared or SuperAntiSpyware are good and there are several other excellent programs with free and paid versions. Read the overviews of what each program below does so you have an understanding of their importance and how to use.

A firewall and antivirus are also essential. The Windows firewall in XP or Vista is not sufficient.

Preform Windows Updates monthly on the second Tuesday or use automatic updates, and use your scanners weekly at the least. Always update before you scan.

Keep other software known for vulnerabilities updated also. Use the Secunia Inspector free scan to identify risks in outdated versions.

SpywareBlaster from Javacool Software

WinPatrol by BillPStudios

SiteHound by FireTrust

RogueRemover

hpHosts

The windows firewall is not sufficient to protect. It doesn't monitor outgoing traffic and this is a must. I use and recommend Online Armor Free

Also the full protection of MBAM is offered at a very low price. Give it a trial using the link in my signature.

Jean -

Thanks for the information. I have purchased and installed MBAM and WinPatrol. In addition I also currently have Kaspersky Internet Security running (which I like a lot).

I have done other software 'layering' schemes in the past, but I am going to work with your suggestions for now and see how they turn out. All's well so far.

Todd