Malwarebytes Saved My Butt

Hi All,

My computer got infected with the VistaAntivirus2008 this Saturday.

I did a search on google and malarebytes came up.

I installed it and to my amazement IT WORKED! :D

I also email Malwarebytes and got a reply in 24hr's! :)

So a big thank you to them.

I have one question.

Should I run Hijackthis or anything else to be sure?

Thanks Again to the Malwarebytes Team. :)

Me too exactly. Affected Firefox and tried loads of other programmes before hitting on Malwarebytes on another forum. (I need to thank them) and lo it worked. I had tried system restore etc. as well to no avail. Also deleted and re-installed Firefox again to no avail. Well done Malwarebytes. fingers crossed I have got rid of antivirus2008.

Tempted to part with cash - most unusual - what do I get for the money?

When you buy the full version of MBAM you get constant protection against malware. That is what you buy, the protection.

Glad MBAM saved you both, it's doing that for 10000's. :D

Right I'm in - off to sign up.

many thanks.

OK paid up member now!!

Over the last two days I also tried a number of programmes "promising" to rid me of av2008 then demanding money to do so - same false pretences as that which I was trying to get rid of. Uninstalled all apart from Spybot Search and Destroy which I had anyway and Adaware which i had re-installed. Should I now uninstall these? both have been good in the past but both failed to get rid of av2008.

OK paid up member now!!

Over the last two days I also tried a number of programmes "promising" to rid me of av2008 then demanding money to do so - same false pretences as that which I was trying to get rid of. Uninstalled all apart from Spybot Search and Destroy which I had anyway and Adaware which i had re-installed. Should I now uninstall these? both have been good in the past but both failed to get rid of av2008.

I also had other anti-virus and anti-spyware running at the time of infection and it was NOT caught in time. :D

In my experience there is NO one program that get's them all. :)

So I would keep them.

I am new to Malwarebytes but like I said, It saved my butt! :)

I did see another program claiming to clean Vistaantivirus2008. it was called "superantispyware".

But I did not install it because Malwarebytes did the job! :)