Policy

I'm working on a Dell with Malware abounding. I've enlisted support from another forum (WhatTheTech). We've been going along for over a week with the normal amount of posting and logs/replies and new scans, new cleaning utilities, etc. I last posted a ComboFix log for the volunteer who is helping me 3 days ago. It seems to take 1-2 days to get a reply. Since I'm on the third day and there's no sign of him returning soon, may I please ask if I can bring the problem here, since I've now used MBAM and it's still not cleaned up.

Just want to follow the policy closely. But I also would like to get the PC back to my brother as he is anxious.

What's the policy here? And, yes I can probably bow out of the other forum gracefully with a note to the moderator(s).

H

Hi Hoib :)

It's your prerogative where you ask to be helped, however I would ask you to kindly consider this:

There are a lot more topics and users needing help than there are helpers. Most helpers are active at more than one forum, trying to clean the PC's of more than a few users at each of those forums, so you are not necessarily going to get your issue resolved quicker at one forum than another.

I understand that the wait can at times be frustrating, but please respect; helpers are volunteers - they have personal lives to attend to, as well as helping numerous users in the various malware removal forums.

My advice would be to stick with Schrauber at Whatthetech, but as I said it's your prerogative.

If you do decide to seek help elsewhere, please give Thomas the courtesy of informing him of your decision as soon as is possible.

OK, good advice! I do understand. I'll give it another day.

Right now, I've got another problem - the last step wound up having the system not being able to boot. Logs in and out when a user name is clicked.

Let me ask this if you don't mind: Are WhatTheTech and MalWareBytes forums related to each other?

H

Hi Hoib :)

It's your prerogative where you ask to be helped, however I would ask you to kindly consider this:

There are a lot more topics and users needing help than there are helpers. Most helpers are active at more than one forum, trying to clean the PC's of more than a few users at each of those forums, so you are not necessarily going to get your issue resolved quicker at one forum than another.

I know the wait can at times be frustrating, but remember, helpers are volunteers and please respect they have personal lives to attend to, as well as helping numerous users in the various malware removal forums.

My advice would be to stick with Schrauber at Whatthetech, but as I said it's your prerogative.

If you do decide to seek help elsewhere, please give Thomas the courtesy of informing him of your decision as soon as is possible.

Are WhatTheTech and MalWareBytes forums related to each other?

Not exactly, but as i said, "Most helpers are active at more than one forum"

Experts and helpers at this forum and others are all part of the same community effort to help users clean their PC's of malware.