Help Removing Vundo Please

I wish things had been different Jim and if you need help on the reformat post to the general PC Help forum. We have some very knowledgeable people here.

Many of these infections can be avoided with an added layer of prevention. All recommended programs are free and easy on system resources. You should install them as part of your protection arsenal. Keep Spybot Search & Destroy and always immunize when you update. You will also need at least one other scanning program AVG is good and there are several other excellent programs with free and paid versions. Read the overviews of what each program below does so you have an understanding of their importance and how to use.

A firewall and antivirus are also essential. The Windows firewall in XP is not sufficient.

Preform Windows Updates monthly on the second Tuesday or use automatic updates, and use your scanners weekly at the least. Always update before you scan.

SpywareBlaster from Javacool Software

WinPatrol by BillPStudios

SiteHound by FireTrust

RogueRemover

hpHosts

The windows firewall is not sufficient to protect. It doesn't monitor outgoing traffic and this is a must. I use and recommend Online Armor Free

Also the full protection of MBAM is offered at a very low price. Give it a trial using the link in my signature.

The fixes in this topic are for this machine only. Applying them to another can cause severe damage. Should you need assistance read the post at the top of this page for Pre-HighJack This log posting and begin your own topic. Someone will be happy to help you.