False Positive

Simba

Malwarebytes is currently blocking all content on 93.190.143.126. The website is completely clean. It is possible that the IP had, once upon a time, hosted a website containing malicious content. This IP has since been reassigned to another server and customer.

Please investigate at the earliest. Thank you.

Hi Simba, welcome to Malwarebytes :lol:

The IP range from WorldStream (93.190.143.) was blocked due to it being host to over 213 malicious sites.

I'm a computer illiterate, but like the Malware program. So what does this response mean? What is an IP range? How can one site host all these different sites that are malicious?

There is a website that Malware is currently blocking that is legitimate and I need to view it. If it is blocked due to something like the above, is there any way to get around the blocking by this program? I'd need detailed very clear step by step directions.

Thank you.

I'm a computer illiterate, but like the Malware program. So what does this response mean? What is an IP range? How can one site host all these different sites that are malicious?

There is a website that Malware is currently blocking that is legitimate and I need to view it. If it is blocked due to something like the above, is there any way to get around the blocking by this program? I'd need detailed very clear step by step directions.

Thank you.

Think of an ip range like a bakery. Lets say this specific bakery make's a bad batch of cookies. Now, not only does the bakery have bad cookies, but every one who uses the bakery now has a bad batch of cookies. The bakery is the "source" IP adress and all the customers who bought cookes are now in the "IP Range"

As for blocking malwarebytes simply open up the program click on the protection tab and then shut it off. Now you can browse uninterrupted.