Cannot log in to my gmail account

ioni

Hi..i cannot log in to my gmail account...

This is what i get..

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect

securely to www.google.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,

sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are

going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to

this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is

trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Technical Details

www.google.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate will not be valid until 18/12/2009 8:00 Bing Bing.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

I Understand the Risks

If you understand what's going on, you

can tell Firefox to start trusting this site's identification.

Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is

tampering with your connection.

Don't add an exception unless

you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification.

Have you check the date and time on your computer? I know that secure website transactions will often fail if your PC clock and calendar are incorrect.

Most often the cause of this will be that the PC Real Time Clock battery is going out, and when you start the system it defaults to some years ago at midnight (eg: 2002, Jan 1, 12:00 AM)

ioni,

Does it work in IE at all?

Edit: I just logged into my gmail from Firefox just fine. Hmmm. Have you changed any security settings perhaps that may have caused this, in either Firefox or IE? Also, do make sure that you check your clock settings like PedroHin suggested. I accidentally changed my clock date (when looking at the calendar) and a program of mine wouldn't work at all then I realized what the message it was giving me meant... hehehe

PedroHin,

I recently learned that the clock defaulting back to that (usually after the computer isn't plugged into any power source for a little while) usually means that the motherboard battery is dying :lol: (not sure if that is the same thing as the PC Real Time Clock battery) I have an old laptop that that happens on. Ugh.

If you accidentally change it yourself though, that's a different story, and can cause things not to work, including email, that may be the cause, so good job! :)

Ah hah!

I just changed the year on my computer to 2016, went to gmail.com, and I got the same message as you Ioni.

Good work PedroHin :lol: That is more likely than not the problem.

Ioni, please check your time and date settings. If you need help with this, let us know!