Trojan Infection

jpace22

I have been infected with some sort of Trojan. And can't access the internet to download malwarebytes. Mcaffee charged me $75 to renew my subscription & wants an additional $90 to remove the trojan for me. I would much rather give my money to someone that is going to fix the problem instead of charge me for software & then tell it costs more for their software to work.

Can someone please help me or lead me in the direction to get this resolved?

jpace22, hello and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :D

You should always have an active AV subscription, whether free or paid.

If you don't want to stick with McAfee, there are other paid or free options, which we can give you links to and information on.

As for removing the trojan, we offer FREE removal help here, no need to pay McAfee to remove a trojan that they should technically remove with the program that's already been paid for.

Please read the following so that someone can assist you with removing this trojan:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please be aware that it is quite busy in the Malware removal/HJT forum, so if its been more than 48-72 hours and you have not received a reply, please private message an Admin (red names) or a Moderator (purple names) with a link to your thread with a request for a review. DO NOT reply to your own thread asking for review, as this can make it appear as though you are already getting help and therefore it will take longer for you to receive help. Also include, along with your logs, any other information that you think might be helpful to your helper.

Also, as a side note, when replying, please use the add reply button at the bottom of the page or erase what the person before you said, as this makes the forum easier to read.

Once you're all clean, you might want to consider purchasing Malwarebytes for real-time protection of your computer, preventing these types of threats from getting in to begin with. (Purchase is NOT required for assistance in malware removal). It's a one-time cost of $24.95 (for one computer), and its good forever. There are no annual fees for home/personal use users. If you get a new computer down the road, you can move your license onto that computer after removing it off of the old computer, which we also have directions for if you do need them later on :D It's a simple process, wouldn't really take more than 5 minutes to clean it off the old machine.

Please note, Malwarebytes is not a replacement for an anti-virus, its meant to be used WITH an anti-virus. :)

Thank you :)