Callback Technologies False Positive

Hi,

I am sorry if this isn't directed in the right place. PM for CBT here. We've had some customers reporting in our support channels that MWB interferes with the normal operations of various software titles that use our product, CBFS Connect. While we do not have MWB installed on any of our systems and do not have scans or logs mentioned by RubbeR, I want to connect with you all and see if there is anything you can do to help us ensure our driver does not become flagged/blocked.

Happy to provide our product, talk about who we are, talk about what the product/driver does, talk about the nature of our relationships with MWB customers, etc. Our reports say a problem happens when MWB is installed on the endmost deployment system (we don't have access to). I don't have many details about why our driver is blocked, what the error is from your software, access to a reproduction environment, etc. I am sure that does not make things easy and I apologize for the difficulty.

Attaching the latest release of setup assembly for our CBFS Connect product which includes the cbfs22.sys driver.

Thanks,
Reese

mwb.7z

• Staff

Hi Reese, 
I have done several tests but your software seems to install without any problems on my computer.
No detection at all. I am unsure that the software you shared with us is responsible for the detection. 

To help you further I need the detection logs, with those I can solve the issue. Please, ask your customer if they can share them.

Cheers,

Marco

Sincerely thank you for trying to run a test. I apologize but I may not have been very clear about the attachments and our background, that is my fault. In the archive are two files:

1. cbfs22.sys (driver)
2. CCNHA_8868_trial.exe (CBFS Connect setup assembly)

Problem statement: MWB interferes with the normal operations of various software titles that use our product, CBFS Connect

Our product CBFS Connect is not software itself. It is a development library which allows developers to build their own software titles. So, the setup assembly above is what we provide to our customers, they would use the enveloped assemblies/drivers (cbfs22.sys) in their own software and deploy it to their end-users.

The problems come into play on the endmost deployment system, once some software has been developed or when using our demo applications in the "demos" folder of the installation directory (C:\Users\Reese\Documents\CBFS Connect 2022 .NET Edition\demos\) such as "Folder Drive" demo , and using that demo on a machine with MWB installed (e.g. installing the driver and playing with the main features of the demo).

Would it be possible to give the demos inside the *.exe a quick try? On the detection logs, we will continue trying to get them for you guys.

• Staff

Hi Reese, 

Thank you for your clarification and sorry for the late reply. 

If I understand correctly, the problem occurs in the final distribution, after one of your clients has used your software to build something for his customers.

So after this evaluation, and the tests I have run, I am pretty confident that the problem does not depend on your software or your driver. With the detection logs I can see what is actually being detected, so I thank you for trying to get them.

I will wait your reply and the logs, in the meantime I will try some more tests.

Cheers,