syswow64 cmd.exe trojan removal windows11

nillle
Go to solution Solved by JSntgRvr,

😭 who could have guessed a 700 MB download with setup.exe is not a valid solution for the stuff I googled?! 
zombiefied...

when i googled earlier about the symptoms, I found this thread that had a quite similar starting point...

I have no idea which step to do first - so far the pc in question is in safe mode (without internet).

Welcome smile.png

I'll be helping you with your computer.

Please read this post completely before beginning. If there's anything that you do not understand, please don't hesitate to ask before proceeding.

Please take note of the guidelines for this fix:

• Please note that I am a volunteer. I do have a family, a career, and other endeavors that may prevent immediate responses that meet your schedule. Do note that the differences in time zones could present a problem as well. Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
  • First of all, the procedures we are about to perform are specific to your problem and should only be used on this specific computer.
  • Do not make any changes to your computer that include installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, nor running scanners or tools of any kind unless specifically requested by me.
  • Please read ALL instructions carefully and perform the steps fully and in the order they are written.
  • If things appear to be better, let me know. Just because the symptoms no longer exist as before, does not mean that you are clean.
  • Continue to read and follow my instructions until I tell you that your machine is clean.
  • If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask before performing the task that I ask of you, and please wait for my reply before you proceed.
  • Scanning with programs and reading the logs do take a fair amount of time. Again, your patience will be necessary. smile.png

Let's begin... smile.png

Let's get the info to get the process started.

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your system for any possible infections.

Do these 2 steps so that ALL folders and files are set to SHOW, plus also, Turn OFF Windows Fast Start.
Show-Hidden-Folders-Files-Extensions
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299345-show-hidden-folders-files-extensions/

Disable-Fast-Startup
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299350-disable-fast-startup/

Then please restart the computer and do the following.

WARNING: Do Not click the Repair option under Advanced unless requested by a Malwarebytes support agent or authorized helper

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Desktop or on the hidden Public desktop (usually C:\Users\Public\Desktop), please upload that file on your next reply

The tool saved FRST64.exe on this location: C:\Users\nils\Downloads\FRSTEnglish.exe

• Download the enclosed file  Fixlist.txt
  • Save it in the same location FRST64.exe is saved.
  • Start FRST (FRST64) with Administrator privileges
  • This time around Press the Fix button and wait
  • When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) will pop up and saved in the same location the tool was ran from.
  • You can rename FRST64.exe to its original name

Please attach this file in your next reply.

Download AdwCleaner and save it to your desktop.

• Double click AdwCleaner.exe to run it.

When AdwCleaner starts, on the left side of the window, click on “Settings” and then enable these repair actions on that tab-window
by clicking their button to the far-right for ON status

• Delete IFEO keys
  • Delete tracing keys
  • Delete Prefetch files
  • Reset Proxy
  • Reset IE Policies
  • Reset Chrome policies
  • Reset Winsock
  • Reset HOSTS file
  • Click Scan Now ...
  • When the scan has finished a Scan Results window will open.
  • Click Cancel (at this point do not attempt to Quarantine anything that is found)
  • Now click the Log Files tab ...
  • Double click on the latest scan log (Scan logs have a [S0*] suffix, where * is replaced by a number, the latest scan will have the largest number)
  • A Notepad file will open containing the results of the scan.

Please attach the file in your next reply.

I don't know if you are aware of, but your personal files may be under attack. The notorious STOP/DJVU ransomware is back with a new variant that encrypts images, documents, and other important files on infected computers. This latest version appends the “.JAZI” extension to the filenames of encrypted files, rendering them inaccessible. The ransomware drops a ransom note named “readme.txt” on the desktop, with instructions to visit a payment website and submit payment in Bitcoin cryptocurrency. This demand is in exchange for the decryption key which can allegedly restore access to encrypted files. If you cannot open files and see the “.JAZI” extension added to them, your system has likely been infected with this insidious ransomware. All of your download's files seem encrypted. Would you like me to move them to a folder of their own?

Step 1:

AdwCleaner - Clean

• Double click AdwCleaner.exe to run it.

When AdwCleaner starts, on the left side of the window, click on “Settings” and then enable these repair actions on that tab-window
by clicking their button to the far-right for ON status

• Delete IFEO keys
  • Delete tracing keys
  • Delete Prefetch files
  • Reset Proxy
  • Reset IE Policies
  • Reset Chrome policies
  • Reset Winsock
  • Reset HOSTS file
  • Click Scan Now
  • When the scan has finished a Scan Results window will open.
  • Please check all boxes and then click Quarantine
    • Click Next
    • If any pre-installed software was found on your machine, a prompt window will open ...
      • Click OK to close it
    • Check any pre-installed software items you want to remove (if they're not causing you a problem I recommend you don't select any)
    • Click Quarantine
  • A prompt to save your work will appear ...
    • Click Continue when you're ready to proceed.
  • A prompt to restart your computer will appear ...
    • Click Restart Now
  • Once your computer has restarted ...
    • If it doesn't open automatically, please start AdwCleaner ...
    • Click the Log Files tab ...
    • Double click on the latest Clean log (Clean logs have a [C0*] suffix, where * is replaced by a number, the latest scan will have the largest number)
    • A Notepad file will open containing the results of the removal.
    • Please  attach the file in your next reply.

Step 2:

• Save it in the same location FRST64.exe is saved.
  • When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) will pop up and saved in the same location the tool was ran from.

Step 3:

Please re-scan with C:\Users\nils\Downloads\FRSTEnglish.exe and post the resulting FRST.txt and Addition.txt logs.

Edited by JSntgRvr
typo

that jazi thing has not only affected the downloads, but also a fair share of personal files, like pictures, music etc.. 

+ the full content of a micro SD Card which was inserted in the laptop at time of attack.
I assume these files are most likely not retrievable?

Anyways, on windows restart, there are still a good number of Explorer (AppData) folders opening.

Step1:
ADWCleaner did not find anything, I attach the log and will continue with step 2 & 3.

Thank you again.
AdwCleaner[S02].txt

Lets identify all files encrypted to move them to their own folder.

Step 1

Open C:\Users\nils\Downloads\FRSTEnglish.exe. Type the following on the search window on FRST.

*.JAZI

Click on the Search Files button. A search.txt will be produced. Attach this file to your reply.

Step 2

• Save it in the same location FRST64.exe is saved. (C:\Users\nils\Downloads\FRSTEnglish.exe)

There is a support topic at Bleeping Computers dealing with this Ransomware. I would suggest you let your self known in this forum:

STOP Ransomware (.STOP .Djvu, .Puma, .Promo) Support Topic - Ransomware Help & Tech Support (bleepingcomputer.com)

Step 3

Lets perform a scan with ESET Onlinescanner (free). ESET is a well-respected, well-known entity and tool. ESET Onlinescanner checks for viruses, other malware, adwares, & potentially unwanted applications.
This here you can start & once it is under way, you can leave the machine alone & let it run over-night. No need to keep watch once it starts the actual scan run.

Go to https://download.eset.com/com/eset/tools/online_scanner/latest/esetonlinescanner.exe

It will start a download of "esetonlinescanner.exe"

• Save the file to your system, such as the Downloads folder, or else to the Desktop.
  • Go to the saved file, and double click it to get it started.

• When presented with the initial ESET options, click on "Computer Scan".
  • Next, when prompted by Windows, allow it to start by clicking Yes
  • When prompted for scan type, Click on CUSTOM scan  and select C drive to be scanned
  • Look at & tick ( select ) the radio selection "Enable ESET to detect and quarantine potentially unwanted applications"
  • and click on Start scan button.

Have patience. The entire process may take an hour or more. There is an initial update download.
There is a progress window display. You may step away from machine &. Let it be. That is, once it is under way, you should leave it running. It will run for several hours.

• At screen "Detections occurred and resolved" click on blue button "View detected results"
  • On next screen, at lower left, click on blue "Save scan log"
  • View where file is to be saved. Provide a meaningful name for the "File name:"
  • On last screen, set to Off (left) the option for Periodic scanning
  • Click "save and continue"
  • Please attach the report file so I can review

After Eset run this fix to review the shell folders:

• Save it in the same location FRST64.exe is saved. (C:\Users\nils\Downloads\FRSTEnglish.exe)

thank you for sharing the following info:

> > There is a support topic at Bleeping Computers dealing with this Ransomware. I would suggest you let your self known in this forum: 
> > STOP Ransomware (.STOP .Djvu, .Puma, .Promo) Support Topic - Ransomware Help & Tech Support (bleepingcomputer.com)

I checked a bit into that topic, and unfortunately it seems my files could not be decrypted, at least for now. 
I am not willing to pay, but most of these private files seem replaceable (or have been backed up, in a way) --- so I will just wipe all that jazi-stuff once we're done. 

• Download the enclosed file  Encrypted.zip
  • Save and extract its contents to the desktop
  • Once extracted, click on it
  • That should remove these files from your computer
  • Let me know if problems arise.

Your computer was so infected, that I would perform another scan.

First close as many of your open-user app-screens as possible. That is to say, Exit all that you do not need to have open.

This is the Kaspersky KVRT tool.

Download Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool (KVRT) from here: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-virus-removal-tool and save to your Desktop.

Next, Select the Windows Key and R Key together, the "Run" box should open.

user posted image

Drag and Drop KVRT.exe into the Run Box.

user posted image

C:\Users\lenovo\DESKTOP\KVRT.exe will now show in the run box.

user posted image

add
-dontencrypt

Note the space between KVRT.exe and -dontencrypt

C:\Users\lenovo\DESKTOP\KVRT.exe -dontencrypt 

should now show in the Run box.

user posted image

That addendum to the run command is very important.

To start the scan select OK in the "Run" box.

The Windows Protected your PC window "may" open, IF SO then select "More Info"

user posted image

A new Window will open, select "Run anyway"

user posted image

A EULA window will open, tick both confirmation boxes then select "Accept"

user posted image

Go slow & careful on this part.  In the new window select "Change Parameters"

user posted image

• In the new window ensure the following boxes are ticked:
    • System memory
    • Startup objects
    • Boot sectors
    • System drive
  • Then select "OK" and "Start scan“.

The Kaspersky tool is very thorough so will take a considerable time to complete, please allow it to finish. Also while Kaspersky runs do not use your PC for anything else..

• completed: If entries are found, there will be options to choose. If "Cure" is offered, leave as it is. For any other options change to "Delete", then select "Continue".
  • Usually, your system needs a reboot to finish the removal process.
  • Logfiles can be found on your systemdrive (usually C: ), similar like this:

Reports are saved here C:\KVRT2020_Data\Reports and look similar to this report_20231126_203000.klr

• Right click direct onto those reports, select > open with > Notepad.
  • Save the files and attach them with your next reply
Edited by JSntgRvr