Wc3Assistant false positive

Night_Raven

So a bunch of not very reliable antivirus programs classify it as some generic or unknown threat. Big deal. :)

Frankly, for example I don't even look at what a-squared and Ikarus detect because they produce so many false positives. What I look at in any VT scan result page are the current top antivirus products: KAV, NOD32, AntiVir and avast!. The rest mean little to me. B)

Just for the heck of it I unpacked Wc3Assistant.exe to wc3.exe with UPX (was too lazy to type something longer for an output file) and uploaded it for another scan. Here's what VT showed me:

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/79477f2...23b8-1256730650

One more thing. MBAM's protection module sometimes crashes after it detects something and I click 'Ignore'. Haven't tried clicking another button so I don't know how it would react to that. It says MBAM's service terminated unexpectedly. After I launch MBAM's scanner and try to re-activate the protection module it says the service can't be created. A reboot is required to get the PM running again.

I can provide screenshots if needed.

Edit: OK, it just crashed again when I tried to launch Update Notifier.