Search redirect, MBAM cannot be accessed

Wiping and reloading Windows fresh is the safest thing to do in the long term and is also the fastest.

Confirm for me if that is what you have decided on.

I'm having the same problem where when i search online i get redirected to a site, malware bytes cannot be accessed, and on top of that when i scan with avira, it shows i have infections, but then the windows asking about quarentining them pop up, and when i try and delete those files the computer gives me a one minute countdown and shuts itself off. I dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help! I need my computer for an online quiz tonight!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and welcome to the Malwarebytes forum!

Please follow the instructions mentioned over here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9573

Download and run RootRepeal CR

Please download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.

• Unzip the RootRepeal.zip file it to it's own folder. (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror to download RootRepeal).
  • Close/Disable all other programs especially your security programs (anti-spyware, anti-virus, and firewall) Refer to this page, if you are unsure how.
  • Physically disconnect your machine from the internet as your system will be unprotected.
  • Double-click on RootRepeal.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, please right-click and run as Administrator...
  • Click the reportTab.png tab at the bottom.
  • Now press the btnScan.png button.
  • A box will pop up, check the boxes beside All Seven options/scan area
    RR_checkbox.jpg
  • Now click OK.
  • Another box will open, check the boxes beside all the drives, eg : C:\, then click OK.
  • The scan will take a little while to run, so let it go unhindered.
  • Once it is done, click the Save Report button. saveReport.png
  • Save it as RepealScan and save it to your desktop
  • Reconnect to the internet.
  • Post the contents of that log in your reply please.

Then, please give me an update of the condition of your machine and what problems or symptoms you may have.

With Regards,

Extremeboy

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 5-7 from the last day I replied initially, the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding.

With Regards,

Extremeboy

Hello.

Due to Lack of feedback, this topic is now Closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please Send Me a Message. In your message please include the address of this thread in your request.

This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please start a new topic.

With Regards,

Extremeboy